Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

ditch the lift

2K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  smokinstroker 
#1 ·
ok guys im thinking about taking off the lift and just putting the old leveling kit on the truck to get some better results on the track. have not ran it yet since the new injectors turbo and ficm but before that it was running a 14.3 on the 37's, so im trying to figure out just how much i would gain if i put her back on some 35's and a leveling kit.... any ideas would be great.. just dont know if its worth it and if i will really gain much more.

#2 ·
well you would gain from it but you are geared so you are better off than me. you have alot more horsepower now so go run it. you dont want to take that lift off. truck is to bada$$ lifted. how do you like those 205's mine just came in yesterday.

#3 ·
you could run the way you are, then throw 35's on the truck (i know it wouldnt look right) and run it like that to see what happens with 35's, that way you get an idea before you go through the hastle and see it might not be worth it... just my .02

#6 ·
fabtch 4 link, 37's are just killin me i think becasue of all the weight and the size.

love the 205's they run great but i have them tuned way down right now cause the factory pump could not keep up. waiting on my fuel to get here so i can turn them up a little but the tranny still has a hard time with it.

#20 ·
Don't take off the lift! Your truck looks awesome, leveled out, not so much. It'll blend in with the crowd and you don't want that. I bet it's plenty fast now, and you can run with the excuse of 'uh, well, the 37's took all my power...' or do like previously suggested and run some stockers or whatever at the track to see what it'll do for your numbers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.