Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Any ideas?

2K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  Saber123316 
#1 ·
So after talking to a couple of other people that are running ET's similar to mine, it's pretty obvious that my truck is falling off after the 1/8 mile for some reason. In the 1/8 it traps about 85mph like the other people, but in the 1/4 it's only trapping 104 which is about 1-2mph slower than the others. Additionally while my 1/8 mile is quicker/faster, my 1/4 mile ET is the same or slower.

Only thing I can think of is the hpop must be weak. Fuel pressure is great and with the truck running so smoothly I really can't think of anything else it could be. Any ideas?

I'm going to Diesel Innovations this weekend so I'll hook it up to the scanner while I'm there and see what the hpop is doing.

#6 ·
You bringin' your "bad-ass" 7.3 Horshpowered Bronco to the track friday? :poke:

#15 ·
Ok, here's a couple passes that were ran in customers trucks recently(this past fall), to compare mph.

2004 Crew Cab Short Bed Harley w/ IDP Xtreme, intake, exhaust
60' 1.8
330 5.5
1/8 8.6
MPH 79.5
1000 11.3
1/4 13.5
MPH 99.5

2007 Crew Cab Long Bed King Ranch Dually w/ IDP Xtreme, Intake, Exhaust

60' 1.8
330 5.6
1/8 8.8
MPH 76.1
1000 11.5
1/4 13.9
MPH 96.15

#25 ·
Eric, what intake were these guys running on their rigs and did you tune their FICM'S and any spray or Fass systems?

Thanks Rich

#18 ·
I know, I'm not talking so much about ET as I am trap speed. Other trucks, including heavier ones, are running the sameish 1/8 traps but running faster traps in the 1/4 with just tune, exhaust, and intake. I've got that and more plus only weigh 6900lbs.

Calculator puts me (6900lbs) at 445rwhp while other trucks, for instance the one Eric listed (roughly 7500lbs), are at around 500rwhp. :shrug:

Not to mention adding studs, egr delete, fuel pump, fuel system, smaller/lighter wheels and tires, and tuned ficm only gave me one tenth and one mph between all of them.

It's like my fuel was maxed out with just the tuner.

#17 ·
Yup, so it does seem to be about a full mph off or so. 79.5 like mine in the 1/8 although in a heavier truck :mad: , and 99.5mph in a heavier truck. Definately making more power than me, especially up top. Not to mention all the other stuff I have now in addition to the tune, intake, and exhaust. :doh: FASS, ITP fuel system, tuned ficm, studs, egr delete AND my truck only weighs 6900lbs. I can't do anything else that I know of to take advantage of whatever power might be there. That's why I keep saying something has to be slacking.

#20 ·
danny, ive been going back and forth with this talking to eric and doug and it seems like maybe too much spray with not enough fuel. heres an example of mine, to me my mph seems low compared to my 1/8

60' 1.71
330 5.0
1/8 7.8
MPH 87.0
1000 10.2
1/4 12.3
MPH 108.44

again though i still need to dial this truck in, no gauge on the bottle LOL no traction bars or anything, i dont even have a fuel pressure gauge!

#22 ·
So...

I know you already know this, but for those who don't.

It seems that unless there was an actual injector problem, which doesn't seem likely with the way the truck runs on the bottom end, that you probably are needing more HPO.

You already know all of this... just trying to clarify for others.

I'm interested to see what your pressures are at sustained WOT. You're gonna test it this weekend?

Are there hybrids for 6.0's yet?

#23 ·
Have you tried backing down the nitrous jet in your 2nd stage ?
I know....crazy....LOL
You could be putting out the fire some on the top end though.
Back it down a jet size and see what the mph does. If it drops then go back up a size. If it comes up a bit..drop the jet size again.

#24 ·
I changed the jets for this weekend. Was spraying a total of .105, changed 'em to a total of .115 and it went about half a mph faster. Now I have it backed down to a total of .111.

I still don't think that's the issue though, since my 2 fuel only passes LOL seem to verify that something is going on up-top as well. Going off of other's times I should be closer to 100mph, not 98mph on fuel.

#26 ·
Danny how many miles are on your truck again?

How about your injectors I know you cleaned em but could you be suffering from weak injectors? (not a uncommon thing in the 03-04s)

Hook it up as soon as you can to figure out if its a HPOP issue.

i find my truck falls flat on her ass past 3300 RPM. I need some form of fuel system. :(

#27 ·
Could be injectors, I just know it's something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.