Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

boost gauge bouncing

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  turbie 
#1 ·
ok, i've tried searching for this and found a thread in the 7.3 section but nothing relating to the 6.0's. i just installed a gauge piller in my 04, and it bounces like crazy anything over about 7 psi. and it really rattles when it gets above 15 psi. i mean i can hear the needle in the gauge rattling! does anyone know how to fix this? i have it plumbed into the map sensor line. should i drill and tape the intake pipe itself?

#5 ·
Yup, 6.0L's are particularly prone to boost gauge rattle when tapping the MAP sensor line. Drilling and tapping the intake will fix the problem on most trucks, although I have run across a few that seem to have more pulsations than others and still do it with a tapped intake. For those with ISSPRO gauges and boost rattle issues, we have a different orfice for the back of the gauge which should take care of the issues. If you have that problem, PM me and we'll send you one.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

#6 ·
its an autometer gauge, its not kinked at all, i've installed plenty of these gauges before without a problem. and then i buy my 6.0 and find this problem with it. kind of frusterating. but it looks like i will drill and tap the intake pipe and see if that fixes it. and if not i will be giving michael a pm. thanks for the info guys!! man i love how quick you guys respond to questions. thanks again!!

#7 ·
Mine does it too. Just haven't gotten around to tapping the intake yet.

#9 ·
well i got it fixed the other weekend, i just drilled and tapped the intake elbow and she no bounce anymore. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.