Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

H&S and Brakes

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Mike@MPD 
#1 ·
I have an H&S Race Mini Max with DPF,Cat and Muffler delete. When I do a full throttle run I lose my brakes and I have a hot brake smell. This happens on any program except stock with DPF delete. Has anyone else experienced this and if so why is it doing it?

#2 ·
Try reloading it. Weird though, never heard of that one

#3 ·
I have reloaded it multiple times. When I do a full throttle run, The brake peddle gets a pulse to it like the ABS is activated. I have to pump the pedal to get the pressure back and then I get a smell just like I have a stuck brake. Could I be spinning the pump to fast? Everything works fine otherwise.

#6 ·
mine does samething.. have no clue why either.

#7 ·
I'm not sure I have traction control. I don't have any button nor do I see that option in the message center. I do notice it in the message center when it is downloading a program.

#10 ·
I have a H&S Mini Maxx and am having a similar issue. I leave the tuner set on Tow and if I go full throttle and then step on the brakes it feels like I have manual brakes. I did not relate it to the tuner but it did start after I got it installed. I do not loose power steering so I do not think it is the power steering pump.

I do not have a button to turn off traction control, is there a way to turn traction control off with the tuner?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.