Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

LOL, I think my local dealer is mad...lol

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  73stroke99 
#1 ·
My bumper to bumper warranty goes out next month so I made the dealer order and install a new blue ford oval on my grill and replace the plastic piece on the fan guard that reads "Powerstroke Diesel V8 ===Turbo Diesel===" because the oval was peeling (under the "O" in the pic) and the little metal piece with the writing on it had separated from the plastic, lol. They didn't seem to impressed, LOL They acted as if no one had ever come in for something as petty as that before but as much as these trucks cost I wanted it perfect looking ;) (until the next rock chip hits the emblem anyways :mad:)

See less See more
#5 ·
That's pretty good!! Hell you've got the warranty, use it for all it's worth!!!
lol, that's my feeling :D I don't think they'd mind to much if I would have bought the truck from them lol. The dealer that got my money only has a small used lot here in town with their shop/service/large dealership in a small town 35-40mi away. I guess that's smart in a way, lol, sell the vehicles here so the closest dealer for warranty service is a different dealership.

Unfortunately I don't think the selling dealer nor the local one would do studs though :shrug: The first thing the local dealer did when I took it in to be serviced and a crank sensor was leaking oil was to write on the work order I had an aftermarket exhaust, then under that he wrote I had a crank sensor leak, lol, like the exhaust was more important than the leak :mad:

#3 ·
Thats basically what my OASIS report said for my truck lol. Most of the badges got replaced since they were peeling. My dads new to him truck had the same badge issues on the grill (chrome edition) and now the grill is on my truck, one of these days I'll get around to replacing the emblem, hard to notice but I know its messed up.

Use that warranty for all its worth.

#7 ·
I have replaced seat covers under warranty before for cops because there big cop belts/holsters rub certain spots and discolor the material.

#8 ·
we replace stuff under warranty that may be in the gray area according to ford but the way we look at it, keep the customer happy. if we can claim it chances are we'll repair it. and the 2 emblems H.E.78412 got replaced probably helped that dealers warranty numbers being it was such a small claim

#9 ·
I need to replace the oval in my 05 Harley grill. It is peeling too.

#12 ·
This is funny and lame-- the dealer acts like they are personally paying for your claim. I don't know in detail how Ford's warranty admin program works, but, that claim should go directly to the supplier of the part and the dealer will get 1/2 hour labor for R&R plus part's sale and markup! Once upon a time, we had responsibility in a time-limited recall with Freightliner and we got claims from dealers right up to the day that the program expired.

#13 ·
hahaha...sorry to all the techs out there..but i cant wait to get me a new truck with a warranty so i can go in to service and be the fussy winey nit picking customer that i had to once deal with at my stealership!!!! but on the other hand i know its irritating when you get pulled off a gravy ticket and get the job of scraping emblems off a new truck and replacing discolored arm rest because of *Heavy* use or seat plastic trim bc ppl dont use the running boards they just slide out...sorry didnt mean to ramble on i was just stating my .02 of what i delt with on a day to day basis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.