Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

line-x'd bumpers

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Bradbilt 
#1 ·
has anyone line-x'd/herculined their front bumpers? im considering this because ive already had my bumper repainted once about a year ago and its chipping again and really pissing me off. looking for pics or any other suggestions. thanks.

#5 ·
looks awesome......doin it when i get my truck back from the shop! 6" lift kit, 20" powder coated 08-10 20's, and 35's by saturday. installed 08-10 fender vents tonight. i have a log if you guys wanna check it out.

#6 ·
JSchuricht how much did it cost to have the bumper coated, and how long ago did you have it done?

diesel_brad I've seen the kits, but have been reluctant to try them. How difficult is the application? Any tips/tricks? And how well does it hold up?

Thanks

#8 ·
diesel_brad I've seen the kits, but have been reluctant to try them. How difficult is the application? Any tips/tricks? And how well does it hold up?

Thanks
99 for a 1 gallon kit. 165 for a 2 gallon kit. Their spray gun is $45.

Easy to apply.
Sand surface with 36 grit, wipe clean, apply adhesion promoter(comes in spray bottle)
Open 1 gallong can with part A, Add part B and C and pigment, then mix(comes w mixer for drill).
Once mixed dump into spray gun and start spraying.

Higher pressure and further away from surface give finer texture, lower press and closer give coarser.

It is tough as nails!!!. i jst di the entire tub of my bronco, turned out really well. I have already done 2 bed liners and the inside of my dually fenders and inner wheel wells on my dually color matched too. My ranger is going to get the bumper, rockers and flares done in color matched this summer.

Bed liner(2 gallons)
Before

After

Bronco
Before

After

Texture
(I prefer the finer texture look)

Dually fenders and inner wheels color matched

#9 ·
I'm impressed. I think that might have been the shove I needed to actually try out one of the kits. Now, to find the time.

#10 ·
yea, i think i might give that a shot. i herculined my interior cab at the rear cause of a leak, and a sub box. but, those are on the interior. what you put on looks really durable. im always up for adding stuff to my "backyard resume".

#13 ·
Dont mistake Hurcliner(paint with sand in it)
For a 3 part EPOXY bed liner

and just curious, why not the tailgate on the bronco? i have a 91 bronco that will be my next project, and i will be stealing your idea.
Tailgate is junk. I have another one for it. Just haven't gotten that far in the project. I didnt even want to bed line the tub yet, but once I pulled the floor mat up and saw rust, I had to fix it and what better time to bed line , then after a full sandblast and coat of POR15 as primer

#11 ·
and just curious, why not the tailgate on the bronco? i have a 91 bronco that will be my next project, and i will be stealing your idea.

#14 ·
how much does the Al's diy kit cost? and where is the best place to purchase one of these kits?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.