Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Thinking of buying a 6.4

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Cory151 
#1 ·
I found a killer deal on a 2008 ford f250 6.4. It is fully deleted, has a 5in exhaust, cold air intake, and sct programmer. I was wondering if it was worth selling my 6.0 in order to get this 6.4. Any input or guidance is greatly appricated.

#2 ·
Well you gotta know that repairs on a 6.4 our about 2x more expensive than on a 6.0. Yet from my experience my 6.4 has been really reliable and with out all that high pressure oil there's not as much that can go wrong. Also you can get a lot more power a lot easier out of a 6.4 than a 6.0. So I say if the deals good enough, definantly upgrade

#3 ·
Depends what a killer deal is..... The 6.4 is a beast for sure. But along with that comes with its own set of problems. Just be careful to check an oasis and such before jumping into a 6.4. With that being said DO IT already! I did and besides having the bigger payment I havent looked back.

#5 ·
I just traded my built 6.0 in for a 2010 stock6.4 an couldn't be happier I love the truck and it's just stock!!! For now....

#6 ·
I am also thinking of selling my 07 6.0 for a 6.4 or even a new 6.7, its decision time.. I found one 6.4 id consider getting, 08 f350 lariat CC/SB black leather interior, whole truck is silver , level in the front, black wheels paint match fender flares, stock stock stock.. no dpf delete or anything, 70k miles on it. i could get it for about.. 21k ( i can sell my 6.0 for 22 ) truck looks perfect inside and out.. but under warranty it had a new motor put in at the dealership, that a problem? lemon truck? advise?

#7 ·
I love my 08 its got way more power than I need, the fit and finish is so much better than either of my 7.3s and my coworkers with Cummins and Duramax wont even grudge race me anymore.

One thing you may find odd is how much quieter the exhaust note is, when coming from a 6.0. I usually cant even hear my truck when Im next to 12v and I get asked if its a gasser every now and then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.