Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.0 with most miles

15K views 22 replies 23 participants last post by  popps68 
#1 ·
with same motor as off the lot, i've seen 200+b4 in mags. but dont know what was done 2 it.

#2 ·
137000 Miles on my 03 6.0 and counting, all parts as factory installed excluding exhaust,intake and alt x2... EGR has never been touched.... #7 injector is getting weak

#3 ·
My friend bought his 03 new and has just over 130k with just ONE injector replaced to to an extended oil change interval, & my mechanic at the dealer regularly services 6.0's with over 200k with no problems since they left the lot.:ford:

#4 ·
Guy i used to work with quit in early 03 while buying a 6.0 powerstroke diesel and began hotshot driving at that time he just had me put its first set of all 8injectors in and the odometer read 448,xxx. These injectors, one egr cooler and one torque convertor is all this truck has had. this is the highest i have ever seen on a 6.0, but normal in the dealership i see about 200,000 to 250,000 miles and most are on the same engine.

#6 ·
My FIL excursion has 290,000 KMS (180,000 miles). Replaced one injector under warranty and headgaskets off warranty (about 10,000 kms over)

#8 ·
customer has 380k on one, the first motor lost a lifter at 265 its still sittin in the barn waiting to be fixed for a backup motor. Next motor was put in with the 35k on it already, he does 2-3k a week.

weighs between 19k and 28k all day every day

#16 ·
165k and still truckin along...just fine

#20 ·
82000 and a dozen injectors (most before I got it) 2 turbos (one thanks to a rough night) and one EGR cooler on my 05....Love the truck though.My buddies 04 is still rollin at 375000+ with only minor repairs and he has no complaints about tradin his Chevy on it.

#22 ·
Well my 06 is a cream puff compared to some here and it has had batteries replaced twice, alternator and had the front end body replaced because someone lost control on slippery road and ended up in front of me with no place to go. didn't bend the frame or even mess up the radiator but did a job on the bumper, grill, one tow hook and that was about it.
Oh and it has 38,000 on it yea I know almost initially broke in but I am retired and have had it just over two years so I am doing just fine in my book hope to have it for decades it is way better then any 08 or 09 on fuel that I have had a chance to talk to owners about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.