Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

New truck first time Diesel owner/ Advice, tires, lift etc.

902 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  FullGrown 
#1 ·
Thanks for having me.

I bought a 2013 F250 Super Duty FX4 I January. Additions = 60 gal fuel/tool combo, Ranch Hand bumper, tint, weathertech mats and HID low beams. I've done a lot of reading on 2-stroke oil. I'm running it 200/1. Can't say if its doing anything yet (60 gal reserve plus stock tank) since I'm on the first run and I have a heavy foot around home. Yes I'm still under warranty but if its good enough for my Mercury ProXS then it should burn just fine in the PowerStroke. End of. Any detrimental affects and I will post.
I'm looking to install a leveling kit or lift (4" max), but there are so many out there I cannot make a decision. My biggest concern is trying to smoothe the ride enough to notice a difference. I know I can get that with a wider tire, more surface area = smother ride. The tires I'm leaning toward are Cooper ST/Maxx. Due to the many rough rocky ranch roads that I work off of. The only reason for the lift or leveling is for a bigger tire. Someone also suggested some Rancho 7 position shocks that I haven't looked up. I'm also interested in better mpg. The negatives outweigh the positives when it ces to CAI. I know plenty that have and have not and all are in aggreance stating very little to no difference, that's with and without chip etc.
Can you old salts help me decide on lift/leveling, tires and size? I don't pull anything but my boat and its light. A friend gave me some one used dusty but in good condition air bags. I don't need them but if I'm gonna lift/ level, may as well put those on while they're under there.
Any and all info is appreciated.

Thanks folks

See less See more
#2 ·
I would go with the 4" if it was me, a leveling kit is really much of a lift, but it is your truck. You can go to http://www.trucktoyzstore.com/realm/pc/showsearchresults.asp?incSale=0&IDSale=0&VA=1&ProdSort=&PageStyle=h&customfield=0&SearchValues=&exact=0&keyword=&priceFrom=0&priceUntil=999999999&idCategory=0&IdSupplier=0&withStock=&IDBrand=8&order=3&SKU= and check out their site. They have a gallery section were you can see lift heights / tire/wheel combos and see the stance your looking for. Marty who owns trucktoyz know his stuff, he used to build and drive monster trucks maybe he still does a little . Go as big first, do it right and don`t do it cheap or un safe!! Good luck!!

#3 ·
One of the best tires for these trucks that stands up well to rocks are the Toyo MT's. With a 4.5" kit you will be able to run 35-37" tires as long as you do the correct backspace wheels. A great kit for your type of use would be the Carli 4.5" Backcountry kit.

#4 ·
I've decided on a 4.5" lift. Maverick Chrome wheels and 35" Toyo Open Countey MT's.
I've run several gallons of diesel with Ashless 2 stroke and although it is quieter I see no increase in mpg. I was not expecting an increase in mpg. My main goal was to replace the lubricants taken out by making ULSD. I will continue to run it, it's a lot cheaper than other name brand oil additives. I will more than likely end up with a programmer and a delete kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.