Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

turbo lag after gotting in to it

3K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  razorscs 
#1 ·
i have a 05 6.0 that havs a lot of turbo lag after i get into it, woundering what the problem is, i have a bully dog triple dog programmer, cold air intake, and 4 inch from the turbo back:ford:

#7 ·
so what hes saying is with those 6.0 turbos with the varible vein you have to drive it like you stole is sometimes to get that carbon build up off the veins on the turbo. Stomp on it :ford:

#8 ·
i sure dont baby it because i did steal it.......lol (good deal),,so the carbon need to be burned off, ok i do drive it hard but dont wanna hurt the tranny, i have pulled 61 psi of boost from what the outlook monitor says more than once.:ford: so should i drive it harder? dont need to pop the egr either, need the head gasket to last, oh and it is a 05. thank for the info please give more if you can

#11 ·
anyways, my truck will do that to occasionally. also another thing, when i start mine in the morning, it rumbles when it fires up, then 5 seconds later, the turbo comes online accompanied with a squeeeeek as the vanes open. LOL

#14 ·
ok guys i see when a comment like 61 psi gets noticed but the real question isnt, i wanted to see what would happen when i put my spiked psi on here,,,,,,lol ,so all of you think that the turbo veine are just sticking cool,and yes i get the samething when i start it in the morning that is a 6.0 for you the best is that is sounds like a jet ready to take off,,,,,,, thank you guys hope for more input great to know there are guys on here like me and love there truck

#17 ·
there are a couple of things.

you can try running it hard (which you say you have done)

or you can pull it apart and try and remove the rust off the veins.

if its still under warranty take it to the dealer, they will fix it by either cleaning it or possibly replacing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.