Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

DI Uptubes

3K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  crack_7.3 
#1 ·
Just installed my new set of DI Uptubes and took the truck on a test run. Noticed my boost was up by about 3lbs when cruising at 60mph, also i have considerably less turbo lag. EGT's are down by a few degrees too, for not bein ceramic coated these things are well worth the money. Is anyone runnin their headers? Notice any of the claimed decrease in turbo lag and the "aggressive sound" ?

#2 ·
Were they hard to get down the back of the motor?

#5 ·
I have a set that I installed about two months ago. It wasn't too bad to install. I did notice that the block heater interferes a bit. I haven't had any problems w/ them. I definitely noticed a difference in the sound. I'm sure that the turbo spools faster, but can't back it up.

#6 ·
i got lucky i guess you could say and my trans blew apart shortly before my old tubes started leakin. so i did it with the trans out. of course all my old bolts snapped off in the manifolds, but a little heat and they came right out. other than that the hardest part was gettin the flange to line up with the turbo.

#7 ·
Easy install, just remove the old ones. Slip the new one in place, clamp it up to the turbo. Then bolt the ends to the manifolds. Just leave the ends loose or you will have a diffcult time lining it up to the turbo.

#11 ·
David (DI) do you offer anything for us "early 99" guys as far as bellowed up-pipes?

#19 ·
Do you mean the next project after the one your working on now, or you are getting ready to start.

And what top secret project are you working on now?

At any rate, get on with it already.:poke:

Don't you care that we all have leaky Hypermax kits?

#20 ·
i wish i would have had a 3" body lift, it would have made the install soo much easier, the only price i have seen is over $300! don't need it that bad!

#26 ·
I think I went as far as I could to the driver side. But try to pinch them together... I think I wedged it up against the driver side. then pushed the passenger side in... It has been a while... but I do know how you feel. I was thinking the same thing when I installed mine.

#27 ·
I GOT IT!!!! i just abused it a bit....went pass side a bit just passed the downpipe then forced the other side aroudn the head and valve cover...ripped up the heat shield stuff on the firewall but no big deal.....then i got drunk so i'll put everything in tomorrow...or the next day...or the next week ha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.