Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

First post questions

987 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Redfish 
#1 ·
05 auto, Edge platinum (Now off and for sale thanks to some searching here), 4" Magnaflow, K&N FIPK.

1. I live in CA with the new Ultra Low Sulfur Fuel. Will Stanadyne Junior be a good choice to get the lubricity back?

2. Just pulled a P0299 code. Details: At idle, no turbo sound (no hissing), until I drive it. You know when you start you truck, it rumbles for about five seconds, then the turbo will spool and the exhaust note starts to "hiss?" Mine rumbles until it is driven. As soon as it is driven the turbo performs fine.
CEL on-I retrieved the code and it pulled a P0299 @ (216 seconds, 71% load, 68.8 in/hg, 34 mph, 2492 rpm, 33.854 lb/min). I read the FSB's (thanks for that post) and saw it is either the turbo or the VGT. Anyway to test the VGT/turbo? Or does it need to go in?

3. I had an 03' with all the same A/M parts. When it came to warranty work, all I removed was the chip and there were no issues with my dealer. However, with all the new financial problems, will the exhaust be an issue? I will take off the "intake."

The truck is driven easy, the only reason I have the chip was for fuel mileage. The highest it was ever set was 3 and most of the time it was on 1. I put the exhaust and "intake" on it was to assist with towing.

Thanks Guys this place is a great resource.

See less See more
#2 ·
I can't help with the codes but for lubricity the best solution is biodiesel in as little as a 2% mix. If that doesn't seem feasible for you a lot of us run a little 2 stroke oil in a 1 oz per gallon ratio.

You might want to look into cleaning your turbo. Sounds like the VGT vanes might be sticking.

Good luck man.

#7 ·
not sure about running any kind oil (Ive been told and read not to put any kind of oil or trans fluid into a newer truck's fuel so I wouldn't :shrug: ) but running diesel kleen + cetane boost by power service every fill up works great for me. it contains slickdiesel for maximum fuel lubrication AND is available at walmart and most parts stores. (use per directions)

#8 ·
Hey Auberry's about 20 minutes from my house.

Thanks for the info., I was looking into the Stanadyne junior.

I don't want to lose any friends around here, but I have two Cummins and the ULS Fuel has claimed two lift pumps and an injection pump. I know this is par for the 24v, but these went pretty quick.

Anyway, thanks for the info. I just wanted to make sure I shouldn't be throwing anything in my tank to prevent problems with my 6oh.

#9 ·
I had the same code, not sure what the root cause was, but I cleared it and it hasnt come back. Sometimes you just have to drive it like you stole it for a little bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.