Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Live tuning a 7.3

3K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Groovy Chick 
#1 ·
Live tuning a 7.3. Who makes the software and hardware?

#6 ·
I thought Minotaur software is like Sniper software. I mean stop the truck upload some changed files to CPU start truck. Live tuning means to change files on the fly, or dose it?

#7 ·
Yes, that is what live tuning is, and yes, the Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software can be used for live tuning (for the 7.3L and some of the older F-150s) in conjunction with a romulator and an EEC Emulator Adapter (both of which we sell). :D

#8 ·
:rub it in: <--there should be a smilie for this!! :poke:

Corey,

On a serious note, what would it take to TRY the emulator/romulator out and see if it would work with Sniper? I know that the Sniper files are encrypted, but they use the standard "L" shaped TS Blanks. If the CPLD on those is programmed similar to other TS chips, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

If it can't be done.....it can't be done. Just wondering.

#9 ·
I looked at all the smilies on our forum (there's almost 1,600 of them), and the closest I could get to "rub it in" was
"buttrub"

All kidding aside now, I think Dave was going to do some comparison between Minotaur and Sniper. I don't remember where I saw that -- on Tune Your Own 7.3L thread in the Sponsor section on here? Not sure. I'll follow up with him. As far as trying out the romulator/emulator, we order the romulators for customers -- we don't keep them in stock -- so we don't have one for someone to "try out." :( (I doubt Bill would let his go. :D) Regarding the EEC emulator adapter, I'd have to check with Bill on that when we talk later. (He's out of town all week dyno tuning.)

#12 ·
Hi there Cody,

Check with Bill last night and found out that the adapter is specifically made for the Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software™
(sorry about having to write it out every time... has to do with copyright crap). There may be another one that exists, though, if you'd like to look around...?

#16 ·
Of course I did. I'm a guy. I like what I see and I want it NOW. I can't wait and I don't care how many hoops I have to jump through to get it.

Wait, that's what happened the first time......:rolleyes:

Maybe if I could be the 500th customer, the wife would forgive me.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.