Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Traction bar setup

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Big Bird 
#1 ·
hey there, im looking at fabbing a set of traction bars for my 05 F350 srw, just wondering if anyone has any experience, or currently runs traction bars on their truck. First of all im curious how they work, and how guys like them, how they act if the truck has to tow/haul anything, and a particular design i should keep in mind. Thanks

#3 ·
Thanks, checked those out, seem pretty solid, might find me some of those, not just for the traction bars either

#4 ·
The joints are real solid and work good. Just want to control the axle wrap. These pics are from the old truck using DOM, johnny joints and procomp mounts.

Attachments

#5 ·
They work by preventing the axle from pivoting upwards due to torque trying to move the tires.

Traction...what's not to like? They make a good thing MUCH better. Traction planted firmly equals vehicle movement.

Towing and hauling they still perform the same function. Now with a heavy load squatting the rear you may encounter an issue but I can't think of one myself.

Design is a function of the architect. You can copy other ideas and designs to get the same results.

I'm a traction bar user and believer. Well designed, well tested bars will change the way a truck drives. Hey they just work.

#9 ·
The ProComp mount are sandwiched between the spring perch and the lift block.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.