Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Gutty Kitty vs. the Warranty

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  HarleyEdition78412 
#1 ·
So as a follow up to my Warranty vs. Tuner thread......

Will having a gutted cat or straight pipe with cat delete void the manuf. 100k powertrain warranty??

#2 ·
you need to check your emissions specs to see if state requires cats if the vehicle comes with cat. But you can gut it and put it back and they wont know. IDK about warranty

#9 ·
i had a 4 inch turbo back on my 06 350 and dealer never said a word, in missouri

#10 ·
I took the gutted cat thing to the next level back when I had a warranty.
I took the stock cat and cut the sloped ends off till a 4" pipe would fit through it....then took a scrap piece of pipe and cut some teeth in it and ran that through the monolithic block inside the cat.....it's just ceramic crap so the pipe cut through it easily. I basically just cut a 4" core out all the way through....then put a 4" pipe all the way through it and welded everything back up.
It fooled my dealer for a long time that way...you could hit it or whatever and it felt and sounded like a functioning converer....not just a hollow pipe.

#12 ·
I just put a 4 in piece of pipw in place of the cat and muffler. easy to switch back in place for that and the muffler in about an hour of so. definatly worth it to be safe especially if the bill is going to be expensive. Ive heard a gutted cat has a wierd in cab resonance too. never had one, just whative heard

#13 ·
I threw a MBRP cat test pipe up in the cat's place for my stacks. But when it was in for some warranty work, damn crank sensor, on the paperwork they wrote "aftermarket exhaust" as if you couldn't tell with the two 5" stacks sticking up out of the bed LOL They cannot void a motor's warranty for an aftermarket exhaust, they can void your exhaust warranty though ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.