Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

elite diesel filing

5K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  motoxracer42 
#1 ·
does anyone run elite diesels files. i have tow,high power,and insanity files. i dont particularly care for them what is everyones views on this thanks kyle:tree:

#6 ·
i agree totaly the truck doesnt seem to run right. seems to run like the timing is retarded,low power,just all around like a dog... my truck is a 2004 with 20,000 miles i have run all tests checking for engine running errors to end up always coming back to the bad filing idea. the truck has brand new turbo on it,egr is ok, with elites filing they say its off anyway. i have driven other trucks with 6,0s and they are snappy as hell stock. my 03,7.3 will kick my 6.0s ass

#7 ·
No problems at all with my files from Elite. If a stock 6.0 is kicking your tuned 6.0's ass you definately have some other type of issue.

#14 ·
I am getting ready to put my elite files back on to see how they do in the cold. But contacting elite anymore is very difficult. Only having 3 hours of phone service seems like that is not near enough time for everyone to get answered. Granted they are probably doing that so the serious people call rather than tire kickers but it is pretty hard to get stuff from them unless you have already spent some time and money with them. This is just my opinion though and I am in now way trying to bash elite.

#15 ·
did a egr cooler delete and welded the egr valve closed. had the intake boiled while it was off, there was alot of deposits on the iat sensor. with everything cleaned up truck runs good. i made my own cooler delete aswell, couldnt see the sense in spending 600.00+ for two pieces of pipe from liberator. i got some 5/8 hydralic line spent some time at the machine shop and bent up a new coolant line. put it all back together and made for a nice job.

#16 ·
I like my tunes,much better than bully dog was,the only problem is runnin the full fuel on insanity when the motor is cold.It just bogs the motor real bad til the turbo catches up but other than that there pretty good.

#18 ·
I applogize for ever saying anything negative about elites tuning. Apparently I had a fuel pressure issue because now that I am running a FASS that thing rips and is flat out scary on the snow and ice. And thats only in the high power setting. I will try insanity once the ice melts. Sorry to elite or anyone else I may have lead to believe that their tuning wasn't good.

#19 ·
Good deal.

#23 ·
my truck runs way better on highpower the insanity it sucks

#25 ·
I have Elites tunes, tourqe tow with exhaust brake function, hot steet, and insanity with low smoke. Wont fuel hard untill 2nd gear. Keep the hippies off my back in town. Never had a problem at all.

#26 ·
Elite supplied tunes and EGR cooler delete kit for a buddies '05. I talked to Tadd for about an hour on the phone discussing fuel injector issues in this praticular 6.leaker. I sent the injectors in and he went through them and never again did it have a problem. Hands down, Elite gets my vote

Cowboy Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.