Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Robts Cummins conversion update

17K views 72 replies 39 participants last post by  Santa Gertrudis 
#1 ·
Well Since 2004 my truck has gone through alot of changes. I bought the truck in late 2004 after trading in my 2002 7.3l crew cab. I love the truck but they offered me 30k for it and it had 78000 miles on it and I wanted a toy. The 2002 saw winters. Plus I got 0% for 6 years:hump See Video of my 2002

Next I bought the truck and installed a 6" lift and 37on 22's. It had a TS intigator and a powerpup. Was all right but soon it had a SCT and then it was game on. ALso the stereo and tintied windows went in.

After this in the winter of 2006/7 I installed the new 22" wheels, fox shox with billet resivors and new 2005 front end. Also inslalled a detroit tru trac and 4.56 gears, billet badges,stacks, Nitrous, train horns, remove the step bars and factory stickers and recon lights

At silverlake in 2007 on memerial day I blew my turbo. At that time I realized I need more so I called ELite and order 190,VGT-ss, and a suncoast tranny. This lasted a short time since I knew I wanted compounds.This was a short time plan. Everyone was back up on building compounds and figured I wait till winter. The only mistake was I had the weasle Bbunting fromBlackwidow build my compounds. Biggest mistake of my life. I would not recommend him to anyone. Here is my Elite combo. Worked awesome. With the 225's that I eventually installed and a 102 jet I hit 668hp and that was my finally number

So after that I decided to build the 6l, order the compounds and install a new hood and light bar. Also installed all HIDs. I also installed more gauges

Here is Stuck in mud helping me

So with that disaster I decided it was time to lay the law down and do a cummins swap.I bought motor is 9k on it complete with trans, wireing harness and transfer case. Everything..all pumps, belts computer,,,,everything. Perfect donor

So the motor came out of the superduty again( its been out 6 times to date)

The injector and CP3 were pulled and motor( cummins) was disassembled

Everything is getting painted, powdercoated and chromed on this conversion. Im also building the motor

Here is my cp3 from Wickeddiesels.com. I had shane polish the pump out as a bonus

and here is the motor

To date here are mods I have

1.Wicked diesels injectors and bad a@@ CP3 pump
2.HHT turbo competition 66 with a 16cm stainless housing all polished out
3.MP8 from Ts peformance
4.Smarty s06 from Smartypower
5.Polydyn equal length header 2nd gen
6.New MAx MPG Snow meth kit from Snowperformance
7.Hamilton Diesels springs and billet pushrods
8.SB intake
9.Destroke motor mounts from Beans diesel performance
10 Custom Oasis Diff covers engraved Cummins Power all polished out
11.Fluidampr
12. Opie Water bypass by Opieparts.com
13. CFMPlus intake

I thought it would be neet to show everyone the transistion of my truck and see everything its been though

I want to thank my 2009 sponsors and will keep eveyone posted on this thread. I do have one more sponsor but still working out the details
Wickeddiesels; HTTurbo; Polydyn header; Farmboyfabrications;TSperformance MP8;SmartPower SmartyS06;Fluidampr;S&Bintake; Opie Parts ;CFMplus;Hamiltondiesel; FTEDiesel;Oasiswheels Diff covers;SnowPerformance; and Ryan Bean for moral support

See less See more
#5 ·
One of the cleanest, styliest, good lookin trucks I've ever seen. Its gonna be awesome!

#12 ·
Nice looking set-up but why did you swap out the motor? Were you having problems with it or did you do it looking for more hp? That Elite compound kit looked awesome! :rockwoot:

#13 ·
wasnt an Elite compound....Its was from jackass Bbunting @ blackwidow

#15 ·
The only mistake was I had the weasle Bbunting fromBlackwidow build my compounds. Biggest mistake of my life. I would not recommend him to anyone. Here is my Elite combo. Worked awesome. With the 225's that I eventually installed and a 102 jet I hit 668hp and that was my finally number

Ah, guess I got confused. I thought you replaced the BWD set-up with one from Elite.

Well, it was pretty anyway! LOL

What was the reason for the swap?

#16 ·
well its forsale and the reason for the swap...

Gave up

#18 ·
that is one sweet truck for sure. I remember seeing your avatar over on compD and wanting to see more pics lol. Color of it is really nice and just right on the overall look of it

Sucks about the rough history with the truck, but I bet you got pulling the motor down to a science now:doh:

#19 ·
New update 1-1-09

Well, I got the Hamilton springs and billet pushrods installed, Wicked diesel CP3 and injectors and started assembling eveything else. Motor should be going in the next 2 days. I had planned on more time to work on it over the holiday but I cant get a sitter for my daughter

Stock springs

Sping tool I borrowed from Hamilton Diesel as part of his tool loaner programmer. He will send you this tool if yo buy springs from him. Then you pay shipping to the next guy on the list....top notch tool

Halimton springs installed

Wickeddiesels 5x10.5 injectors installed

Fuel lines installed

I think this mount is on the wrong way....calling Bean tomorrow

Passenger side motor

Front of motor

I still got alot to figure out. Cant remember where everything goes....Now the hard part is about to begin

#20 ·
A babysitter for your daughter? She should be helping you wrench on that thing! :poke: :D

#22 ·
Between the fumes from the heater and it being plain cold I dont like her out there. Trust me....as many times as I blew the 6l up she has had plenty of pratice working on the ol; truck

I put the arp's in. Like always and everyone knows me....The head is coming off next year for head upgrades:redspotdance:

#23 ·
Looks nice. How much hp are you shooting for?

Jason

#24 ·
700+ on fuel....This year. It will also have a snow meth kit from Snow performance. Im going to run their Max MPG kit. Thought Id try it

#25 ·
Passenger side motor mount is mounted the correct way, just too far back. Move it forward on the bock, using the bolts your fingers are on for the front bolts. Like mine, in the photo below:

#31 ·
Thanks....I just ordered it. I was going to make something but for 50.00 I couldnt pass it up

#29 ·
I use something similar...but from Hellmann like most of my stuff.

Rob...just do the head now and be done with it.
I wish I had...I'm dreading pulling all that stuff back off when my new head is done being ported and my intake is cut.

#32 ·
No.....Next year I want dual CP3s,fully ported heads and Compounds....I just want it running this year with a 700+hp punch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.