Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Cracked Bellow pipe behind the Turbo

10K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  HarleyEdition78412 
#1 ·
Started hearing a new whistle and smelling exhaust fumes in the cab so I looked around and found the Bellow cracked in half behind the Turbo. WTF is wrong with IH and Ford? This thing just turned 40,000 miles and The other day the Grill Spider cracked and now the Up Pipe Bellow cracks. I would like to take it to Ford and have them fix it But I am thinking I would be better off doing it my self. :mad:

#2 ·
No one else has had this happen?

#6 ·
You can be as technical you want but the Y pipe with the bellow in it is Behind the Turbo not under it. A Bellow is the portion that is flexible.

#9 ·
thats normally a cracked flex section in the EGR up pipe. you can get under the truck and look at the up pipe beside the exhaust down pipe and you will see the flex section in the up pipe coming up from the passenger side manifold and there will be soot at some point on that flex section.

#10 ·
The one on my project engine is dented pretty good on that dang bellow. I'm wanting to fix it before it goes into the truck and I find there's a leak. I've been thinking about cutting the bellow section out and installing a new SS flex joint exhaust coupling in it's place One would think it'd work ok since the right up pipe has one in it :shrug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.