Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Front manual lock hubs?

848 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  dsberman94 
#1 ·
Hey guys bust curious. My truck has manual lock hubs and I'm just wondering if its bad to leave just one hub locked at all times. It would be the passenger side so I don't have to walk all the way around to lock it when I need it. Or is there anything wrong with leaving them locked all the time. I've heard weird sounds web I make a sharp turn with them locked but I'm not totally sure what it is or if its a bad sound or not. It's only during sharp turn with them locked that I hear it. But is leaving jus the one side locked bad? Thanks in advance

#2 ·
It will lower you gas mileage due to more friction. I don't know how bad it is to leave them locked all the time I know I forgot to unlock mine once and it made a really bad sound at high speed. So if it make a bad sound it prob not good!!

#4 ·
Well after examination of the hubs I noticed auto mode so that's what's going to be happening. Thanks for the input guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.