Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Can I swap superduty parts into my 10.25 rear?

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Nitro Blazer 
#1 ·
Got a good scare last night... The crosspin dropped outta my carrier and locked agains the pinion gear doin 60+ last night... My carrier and gears are trashed... I'm wondering if I can swap in superduty internals since they are easier to find used around here...

#2 ·
Welcome fellow VA mamber. I dont see why not as long as all matches up. Should be a full float 10.25. Just make sure you get the same gears that are in the front.

#7 ·
10.5 parts were what I was after... Been looking for a cheap fix to get me by till I can save some money... Swapping in a sd axle won't work because my bolt pattern is different. I think I'm going to try to get the burr on the pinion gear ground off and weld the center pin into the carrier and then weld the spiders together. It should be a tank off road. I'll just have to be careful in the rain lol...

#8 ·
The pinion has a small deformation that makes it hang on one tooth only so I think it may work for a little while...

#9 ·
10.25 and 10.5 gears are more or less interchangable.

Should not be an issue at all. Of course finding 3.55 gears will be, unless of course you have 4.10's?

#10 ·
I have 4.10s... Are 4.10s a common superduty ratio? I didn't think they were

#11 ·
There are two main SD gear sets, 3.73's and 4.10's. Some Excursions have 4.30's...

#12 ·
Well I took the diff out an welded what remained of the center pin into the carrier and welded the spiders to the pin and then to the side gears.... Just got done filing the burrs off the pinion... Hopefully I will get a few months out of it till I can find and afford another rear... At least I have a spool now lol

#13 ·
Good to know sd's came with 4.10s! I know where I'll start looking when I have some more cash

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.