Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Confused

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Mike@MPD 
#1 ·
Last weekend I pulled a trailer full of lumber to a friends camp and the dirt road to get in is a pain in the winter. So I get going up the road and have trouble getting up some hills and am spinning a lot, next thing I know my abs light comes on??? The whole under side of the truck was covered with mud/ice. The light shut off on the way home but it seemed the abs was still not working. I took it to the local car wash and washed everything good and seems to be ok. Is this common? Is there something I should look at, or do you think its just the mud and spinning that made the light come on?

#2 ·
Mine did the same thing last winter...It would come on every once in awile but would go away if I restarted the truck...Havent had any problem since...May have just been mud or ice in the sensors or something.

#3 ·
Nothing to worry about.... if you were spinning the tires the back tires are going faster than the front tires, the ABS module needs to see all 4 tires going the same speed to be happy, so when it detects spinning tires it turns the ABS light on.

Note: When the ABS light is illuminated the ABS system WILL NOT function.

#5 ·
to add to that i have been having this problem with my truck for at least 6 months and the other day the light came on again and a little bit after i saw the damn tow/haul blinking light and about 5 mins later the truck stopped moving, its at ford now, the truck has a brand new ats tranny with a 5 star converter with about 4k miles and now it seems like its toast, ford could not find any transmission codes, does any one know if the abs module can effect the trans, cause this is bs and it shouldnt have happened

#6 ·
has your speedometer been acting funny?...i have seen the sensor in the rear go out and cause the abs lite and trans lite to illuminate. setting a p0500 in the pcm along with the code in the abs module.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.