Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

New pic of "THE DEMIZE"Underconstruction.

3K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  "THE DEMIZE" 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Like it says I've been working on this thing for a month so far. I have not gotten that far due to being laid off so not that much progress being done. I am waiting for my stealth pumps to get here as of now and I think the fuel system is being taken care. Here are just a few of pics of progress.

take a look at those billet rod's LOL

different angle

I got bored while waiting for the air to kick off

I painted the frame and under body with industrial use gloss black. It works great and sticks to anything. It is about $25 bucks for a gallon..looks shiny

As for the face lift: I have 05 headlight coming and hopefully o5 bumper and billet grill. She looks ugly without her face

the engine cleaned up a bit will be shipped out soon to be hot tanked. I am in the process of polishing out the front cover and HPOP reservoir. I'll have pics up soon

the heads was hot tanked for 1 full week so they are super clean and ready to be machined.

This is were I live/work notice the ford blue wall's sweet huh?.

Well that is all I have for today so hope you all enjoy. I am also trying to figure out a color scheme for the truck so any thoughts would help. I thought of charcoal grey with black racing stripes or black and possibly just keeping it white ?

Steve

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice project you got going on there.

#5 ·
You oughta pull the cab while you have it broke down like that so you can finish painting the frame.

#9 ·
I have already done that and for the under body i used some rhino stuff works well due to it wont chip for what its going to be doing.

Looks like fun. Good luck Steve.

I'd leave it white with some black wheels. :cool: I like black wheels on about any vehicle. They just look mean.

Zack
i thought the same thing and getting the black KMC rock stars with a lil bit of chrome.

Hell yeah, looks like you've got a good set up going there. I sure wish I had a shop to work in...

Hope it all works out for ya.
yeah it aint to bad it heated so i can go out any time of the night and it will be 60* and i have cable and a 40inch tv so i can still watch family guy LOL

and as for the twins i traded them off for a set of wheels for my trailer .. nothing special

thanks you all today i started taking the wiring harness out of the truck and getting ready to paint. im going to paint the engine red and chrome make it look snazy! that is once i get machined and get it back together. and i almost go the hpop resivour done too many crevices and the frong cover will be anothe 2-3 days work ill show some pics when done

thanks for comment guys

Steve

#8 ·
Hell yeah, looks like you've got a good set up going there. I sure wish I had a shop to work in...

Hope it all works out for ya.

#10 ·
Nice shop you've got there, wished I could fit my truck into my heated work space just about 1' to short to close the door though! :D

Keep the pics comming those are always good to go through

#11 ·
Thanks trailer hauler If anyone needs a shop and you live close your more then welcome to come over and use It. I have all power tool's needed. Im building 25 feet on each side this next summer that puts it at 90ft by 56ft long and I just bought a 4 post lift for one bay, there will be a total 4 bays and lounge space.

#13 ·
yeah like I said nothing really special done to them it was more trouble then help. The trailer wheels was alumminum and looked nice on it and they also have nice rubber also. Why does that sound funny ? Got a problem with that ?
Steve

#14 ·
yeah like I said nothing really special done to them it was more trouble then help. The trailer wheels was alumminum and looked nice on it and they also have nice rubber also. Why does that sound funny ? Got a problem with that ?
Steve
Just i know you where bragging about them at one time on how great they where... and i know twins aren't cheap.

#15 ·
no but i used cheap parts and the turbo's was given to me when i worked at diesel recon. and i used scrap pipe and i had some hours but it just sounded cool at the time it made, but not enough gains.. so my tard of a friend took them off my hands in july for the wheels i mean i had no money in them just for the oil lines and fittings ...I am not a turbo guy at any means LOL...
Steve

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
I want to get it together first and get some good tuning. I have some ideas and I'm just going to test and tune till I get it were I want it. I'm planing 550-650hp just throwing that out there and due to the long wheel base it has been getting 275-287ft (slightly modded)at the track. I think if can get the suspension and engine dialed in right it would be a demize to those in the class. And really, I just want to beat my buddys dodge real bad .LOL

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well I plan on getting a set of forged rod's. Yes I know, but I want to see how much I can do with the setup and still not chuck a rod in the mean time. I also figured I would pick up a cam and solid lifter conversion since there will be some extensive head work being done. The bottom end will have the forged rod girdle and main studs, fully machined block and pistons(not sure yet) and from there fuel system,oil system, S400 turbo and header blah blah blah...

What do you think ?

Steve

#21 ·
I look foward to see how this build turns out. That HP range is quite high for the size of turbo you have chosen to do on fuel only. I do think its a good goal, and worthy to strive for, just difficult to reach and as of yet has not been done by anyone that I am aware of.

The secret to making this all work and reach your goals is mostly going to be found in the fuel injection and airflow areas. SHO hybrids / B-codes and a custom built charger should be in your future.

Good luck.

#22 ·
Yeah I thought the same thing but its just a guess of were I'm heading. Me and brandon (hookin78) have been talking about some setups on suspension and engine that would be worth trying. After all he is just a county over if I need some advice. I look to other PSD owners for advice on what has worked and was will not work. I'm not saying copy and paste and complete engine LOL sorta speak. I want to learn myself just need some guidance from you guys. I hope this turns out well also.

Thanks

Steve

#24 ·
Yeah I thought the same thing but its just a guess of were I'm heading. Me and brandon (hookin78) have been talking about some setups on suspension and engine that would be worth trying. After all he is just a county over if I need some advice. I look to other PSD owners for advice on what has worked and was will not work. I'm not saying copy and paste and complete engine LOL sorta speak. I want to learn myself just need some guidance from you guys. I hope this turns out well also.

Thanks

Steve
NP, I know we have talked about it before, and I do think it is doable, just not easy. Your on the right track, keep it up and stay focused.

And what does Brandon know anyway :poke: :D

Jason

#23 ·
If you are using forged rods, i'd have them heat treated and weight matched, and at least balance the rotating assembly. And since you are using forged rods, if you arent already, do business with Swamps. They can set you up with a nasty setup, which will do the best at keeping the rods in the block. They also do s400's. Headers are the cat's ass, im glad i did them! :)

#25 ·
He was telling me that same thing about you j/k LOL
He is a smart guy and seems to know his stuff about what I'm doing with this build. I'm looking forward to working with him on suspension and some other things. I'M trying to stay focused on this thing and going the best route with the money that I have. Dave at Swamps will be hearing from me today concerning the engine.
Thanks steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.