Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Causes for EGR failure.

7K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Stiletto6.0 
#1 ·
Well...

I find the tune really odd for causing the puking...

I think it may be something else.

When I bought the truck the coolant that was in it was pink within the first 3 days of ownership I had a flush performed and ford gold put in it.

I have no clue how many miles where put on the truck with that but I feel it some how help screw my egr cooler up

could the wrong coolant do it? because there where signs of puking before I bought the truck but I think ford took care of them.

#2 ·
I almost think that the "puking" is an expected thing without no real problems. My truck has done it under high boost, but with no other signs that there is anything else wrong. I wouldnt worry about it, Im not! :confused:

P.S. I have no idea why it was pink? that might be a problem?

#4 ·
Cool, now go hammer on it. :D

#7 ·
That way you have a built in excuse to upgrade stuff. :D

#10 ·
BINGO! :D

#11 ·
could the wrong coolant do it? because there where signs of puking before I bought the truck but I think ford took care of them.[/QUOTE]

Delo Extended life antifreeze is the bomb. I know if you run "green" in the bigger engines liners like to leak from not manitaining the PH levels.
I run Delo Extended life "Red" in my diesels.
Ph levels are outstanding they stay in check pretty good.
Also if im paying 15bucks a gallon for crappy green,Or ford likes to charge 20+ for the "yellow" extended crapness, I go to my work and pay 10 bucks for the good "Red" true Extended life. If you need a case shipped up to you i can get if pretty cheap but with frieght might be the same if you bought it there.
just throwing some ideas at you. :D

#12 ·
Some of the reasons include a restriction in the engine oil cooler that causes the EGR cooler to burst and leak steam into the intake which causes the EGR valve to fail. It also explains the loss of coolant. You should ONLY run GOLD COOLANT in the 6.0 or 6.4 diesel engine period.

Here is the other reason for EGR failure.

#13 ·
Some of the reasons include a restriction in the engine oil cooler that causes the EGR cooler to burst and leak steam into the intake which causes the EGR valve to fail. It also explains the loss of coolant. You should ONLY run GOLD COOLANT in the 6.0 or 6.4 diesel engine period.

Here is the other reason for EGR failure.

YouTube - Motorcraft Cetane Boost Video
Just selling parts sounds like to me?

LOL

#19 ·
CAN YOU RUN EVANS WATERLESS COOLENT???????????????

J. M. Karsonovich
2000 Ford F250

Mr. Karsonovich runs NPG+ in his F250 also equipped with an 80 HP Power chip, Propane injection, 4" stainless exhaust, improved turbo products, larger air intake system & transmission mods., 35" tires, 4" lift system, Ramsey Winch and he pulls a 13,000 lb Montana Fifth wheel trailer. "My truck never ran cool until I switched it to NPG+. A zero pressure system also saves my engines components from premature failure like the hoses, radiator, heater core, pump, etc. There is so much less stress on these parts. The best thing about Evans is the lifetime protection you get and worry free system by not having to add SCAs. I wouldn't recommend or use anything else." - JK

1999 Ford F350 Short Bed-
7.3 Liter Power Stroke Diesel.

Bob Riley of Riley Enterprises pushes his PSD with transmission valve additions, a performance chip, propane injection, aftermarket air intake, 4" turbo back exhaust, auxiliary fuel filters, bypass oil filtration, transmission coolers and aluminum pan, differential cover, and more. For Cooling, in Bob's own words, "Evans was just a natural choice for coolant in a truck with everything else done for the best of the best for protection." - BR.

1999 Ford F350 Crew Cab-
7.3 Liter Power Stroke Diesel.

Clint Kronenberger Sr. gets 410 HP out of his PSD by using a TS Performance 130hp chip w/ TS Performance propane injection, reworked transmission by SunCoast Transmissions and Converters, aftermarket injectors, a turbo back 4 inch exhaust and Western Diesel Turbo Ram Air intake. Keeping it cool; Evans NPG+.

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Pickup -
245 HP 5.9L Cummins Diesel Engine.

The engine in this Dodge Ram is a 5.9 Liter, 245 Horse Power, Cummins Diesel. It was modified with a Banks Turbo kit and went straight to Evans NPG yielding a 5% increase in fuel mileage. Owned by our own chief diesel tech, he expects greater performance following further optimization to engine and transmission components.

1998 Ford E350 Super Duty Ambulance -
7.3 Liter Turbocharged Diesel Engines.

These Super Duty Ambulances run a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the New York City 911 System - They only stop for maintenance. Three (3) such units have been running this grueling schedule with Evans NPG from 1999. No overheating issues in the summer, no heat problems in the winter.

1999 F250 Ford Diesel
Power Stroke Diesel

Larry Canady made the switch to Evans NPG+ for maximum cooling protection which is a factor when pulling a 28 foot, 8000 pound, high profile fifth wheel trailer. Reporting no problems at all since the NPG+ install at 40,000 miles and are seeing slight decreases in running temperatures. "Excellent folks at Evans! Answered all my questions and worked with me to get the best deal on shipping the coolant." - LC

1999 F250 Ford Diesel
Power Stroke Diesel

Dick Savage converted to NPG+ at 60,000 and has since logged 4000 miles pulling 9000 pounds of fifth wheel and 5x8 trailer behind fifth. Now averaging 9.8 MPG. His thoughts on NPG+ "This stuff is great. Not sure why I didn't convert sooner, especially after all that time and money I spent testing for and adding coolant additives. My plan is to wear the engine out before I need to ever worry about coolant again." - DS

Evens is a nice coolent.
I just don't see me owning my vech more then 300,000 atleast that engine.
the coolent im running will go to 750.000miles or 15,000hrs. with no problems.
And its 14bucks a gallon compared to 30+
But to answer your question its your money, and yes it will work.
Coolent is coolent.

Evans

http://www.evanscooling.com/html/FDslGlry.htm

Delo extended life
https://www.cbest.chevron.com/generated/MSDS/PDS31366784.PDF

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.