Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Shes a PUKER

2K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  imelmo 
#1 ·
Well...

not even 2 days of putting in my xtreme race Shes a puker... not even 150 km driven...

WOW

Great tune but i think the tune just showed me a deep underlying problem.

I have no clue if its the gaskets or the EGR cooler....

Time will tell in the mean time I am programming back to stock and erasing the DTC's.

#2 ·
Like how much puking? Mine did a little bit, not much. I just dropped the coolant level to a little below the minimum level line in the resivoir and it didn't puke anymore, even with the nitrous. Lots of people have driven for a long time like that. UNBROKEN was who first told me to try it.

#5 ·
Lower your coolant to about 1/2 inch below the minimum. It shouldn't puke anymore. Minor pressure from heat can cause puking if the coolant level is too high. They will puke stock when towing heavy loads, which is why Ford has the revised sticker for the overflow level's. These trucks can push a little coolant from expansion if studded, EGR removed, etc. The Race is a high power program, so you don't want to beat the truck back to back and get it hot. It'll build up a lot of heat over a few pulls. However, it's still safe for a stock truck if driven reasonably.

#9 ·
Just thought I would give you guys an update.

TO prove some dodge boys wrong....

that these trucks can be built for cheap :ford: just takes some wrenching and the balls to actually work on the motor and tear apart the truck.

Me and a few friends will be ripping the cab off my truck.

Taking the heads off throwing in new gaskets and studs and I will be figuring a solution that is BORDER friendly :doh: to delete my EGR cooler.

I think the knowledge and know how of getting the heads off and working on the motor is more valuable than paying a shop 3000 in labor to do it.

My big problem is the EGR cooler living in canada we are getting raped on anything shipped over the border. if this was 3-4 months ago i would be buying a kit.

#13 ·
250Ftlbs?
Must be running ARPs

If im going to pull the engine apart im damm sure never doing it again so H-11s all the way 175Ftlbs.

90 back off 90 back off 130 then 175 :)

"I can honestly say I would rather fix my ford than drive a dodge like everyone else in this province."

I honestly can say if i had to do it over again. Id pay 5k+ for a tranny (Dodge) then 5K+ for engine rebuild the right way then hope the tranny holds up as well. LOL

#22 ·
Life is short. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.