Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

22.5 wheels on my 2003 axles stopping going towing

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  lenzhotrod 
#1 ·
So looking to do wheels for my tow rig and I am concerned how much it will hurt stopping towing and fuel mileage?

#4 ·
467,000 miles on 22" Alcoa's with a wheel bearing replacement around 300,000... Along with ball joints. But, that would be atypical. With the right E load tire will ride nice. I've only ran an E load Yokohama. G load tires on 22.5s would out last the truck.

Don't think it makes a noticeable change in fuel mileage (technically, it has to, these are heavy sh!ts).

I've never noticed a difference in stopping either. Fwiw.

Been rockin' cut Alcoa's since the time when you had to turn 'em down yourself to fit 22s or 24s. The adapters I run were cut by a local mill, same guy turned down the wheels. Man, how I wish he was still around. I coulda made a killin'...

#5 ·
Had the 22.5's on sumitomo 255-70's an it road like sh!t, i loved the way it looked but the ride quality an wear on my truck wasnt werth it to me- theres pics in my profile of it with them rims on it but def ditched after only ridin on them for 3weeks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.