Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Brake rotors

943 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  highlandre 
#1 ·
I have a 03 f350 small dump truck, (dually) im having a trerrible time with rear brake rotors, anyone have some ideas for some very good rotors? i got 34000 out of the OEM and now i have put 2 sets on it in 9000 miles. i dont drive it alot so im not sure if theres a better rotor than the OEM's. if not i will buy them from ford, i have used wagners and the first ones was cheap crap.

thanks

#2 ·
Whats going on with the rotors to wear them out so quickly? Sounds like calipers or pistons more specifically are the issue.

#3 ·
calipers was just replaced when all the other stuff was, im looking for a good aftermarket set of rotors, thinking of getting some slotted ones.
the truck has 43000 on it and it is 10 years old, the last 4 years it hasnt had 10000 put on it, i plow smow in winter and just sort trips other parts of the year. the rotars on it now are pitted, not wore down, pitted bad.

#4 ·
so your just wanting to replace them because there getting pitted? go with oem. look for the sunrise ford post and get a price on them. their bringing parts down to around aftermarket prices for a lot of stuff

#5 ·
no the pitting is bad , some of the pits are the size of a quarter, cheap rotor was used when the job was done. i want something that will give it great breaking, so i was thinking of the slotted style, and was asking if anyone else has used them.

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.