Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Differential locker

891 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  generalmotor 
#1 ·
#4 ·
the best lock for the money is gonna be a detroit. however, an arb would be a much better choice. im a fan of ox but im not sure they have em for these axles. havent looked

#6 ·
there not too bad, its like rebuilding a rear end. the locker replaces your carrier. wont have to worry about your pinoin but you will have to pull the shafts and the carrier out, remove the ring gear and install it on the locker, reinstall and adjust everything and there ya go. with an arb you also need an air compressor and you have extra steps to run the air lines. if you have never done rear end work take it to someone or get some help or you will destroy your gears quick fast and in a hurry

#7 ·
I have used the ARB, Detroit, and OX all in jeep applications. If you want the feel of a stock diff an a good off road capable rear or front diff the ARB hands down the best. If you want dead reliable but a little finicky the Detroit it will wear tires but always performs. An the OX I personally will never recommend them I have had tons of trouble with them. Also more questions are you going to heavily off road are you going to tow are you going to drive this everyday? I would personally go with the Detroit if you answer yes to any or all of these questions or go with a beefed up stock unit. Reliable an cheap don't go together but this is my opinion I hope I helped you make a good informed decision.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.