Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Tuner vs. The Warranty

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  HarleyEdition78412 
#1 ·
I have about another 30k left on my powertrain warranty. I was talking performance stuff with the diesel mechanics at the dealership today and tuners came up. They said that an aftermarket tuner would void the warranty (which I'm not suprised.) If I put an SCT on my truck would it be detectable by the shop if I return the truck to stock when I take it in? not sure if the tuner would leave some kind of signature or indication that the original programming had been changed. Thanks

#4 ·
only thing is that when the PCM is reflashed it will delete codes so id check for codes before reflashing. I usially return it to stock a few days or a week before bringing it to the dealer if its major so the codes have time to show up again. there is a way todetect how many times its been reflashed but most techs dont know how or dont want to go through that many pages of codes to find out .

#6 ·
Actually I know the SCT livewire shows a code that they might screw with you with but it's the same code as you'd throw if you disconnected both batteries, P1000- OBD system readiness test not complete- drive cycle is not complete. It cannot be erased but if you drive it I believe it's 40-50 miles stock it'll reset itself. Power Hungry has a method explaining how to reset it easier on their site here (bottom of page) OR you can just tell them you disconnected the batteries for some reason like you disconnected both of them to charge them :shrug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.