Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Guage Help Needed

3K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  CSIPSD 
#1 ·
I picked up a dual pod and guages the other day. Wondering if these will be good to run with my SCT X3 I picked up? Or do I need others? Here is what I got:

Stewart Warner #114808 dual guage pod:
http://www.sw-performance.com/index.php?page=details&p=114808

Stewart Warner Maximum Performance 2 1/16" EGT Guage #114400
http://www.sw-performance.com/index.php?page=details&p=114400

Stewart Warner Maximum Performance 2 1/16" Boost Guage #114524
http://www.sw-performance.com/index.php?page=details&p=114524

Stewart Warner Thermocouple kit w/harness #114653
http://www.sw-performance.com/index.php?page=details&p=114653

See less See more
#2 ·
They are ok gauges, I was not impressed with the quality of the gauges but they seem to work.

No sig, but do you have a Auto? The stock tranny gauge is WORTHLESS...

Make sure you install the pyro PRE turbo, NOT in the down pipe.

#3 ·
yea..you should have asked prior to the purchase..

SW gauges are OK at best.

plus you should have went with useful gauges. You have an 05 with a boost gauge in the dash, why repeat a 'good' gauge. IMO you should have went with a quad pod and get pyro, trans, water and oil temp..those are IMPORTANT gauges to monitor whats going on in the engine..it can alert you of EGR cooler failures and oil cooler failures, thing that's happen alot on 6.0's

#6 ·
I've seen actual trans temp reach 200* and the factory gauge has yet move from it's normal position. During warmup the factory gauge starts moving prior to the trans temp reaching 80* and will reach it's "normal" range by the time the actual temp is 100*. The factory gauge will not move until it is too late. At this point it will move to the red all at once and the warning light will come on. The coolant temp gauge functions exactly the same way.

Also as stated previously the factory boost gauge is very accurate. I'm not fond of the increments that it reads in, but it's plenty good enough to know I'm not hitting 40 psi!

#12 ·
THose are definately some good lookin' gauges you have in that truck.

#14 ·
No pics...sorry. I'm in Georgia and my truck is in Texas so I can't get any either.
Some are redundant...I have 3 boost gauges for manifold pessure, primary turbopressure and backpressure and I have 2 pyro's for pre and post measurements.

#17 ·
I prefer Isspro... Performax has more options and more features then any other gauge out there.

16 of them...

#20 ·
No regrets with my diprocol gauges. Looks great day or night and rock steady with no flutter.

#21 ·
AutoMeter C2 gauges are the way to go, but then I do like blue :D

I also have the blue EV2 stand alone Isspro R13255 blue high pressure oil gauge thru dieselmanor.

I prefer Isspro... Performax has more options and more features then any other gauge out there.
16 of them...
Unless you just want to spend more money than is needed on gauges I'd stay away from the Isspro performax and Autometer's Nexus gauges- they're way to expensive for what they do, just not very cost friendly IMHO :shrug:

#22 ·
How do you figure the isspro performax cost anywhere close to the autometer nexus?

All the performax gauges are cheaper then most other types, and the performax require only one controler to run up to 17 gauges. Once you have the ESP, the cost for each guage is cheaper then anything else. Also the performax offer peak recall, no other gauge system offers that other then the nexus. They also have a data logging option, nothing else like it on the market.

If you ask a few vendors that carry performax, I bet you could get a quad pod, gauges and ESP for about 450-500. This would include fuel pressure, pyro, trans, and boost... Compare that to cobalt and tell me performax is too expensive... And you get no peak recall with anthing other then nexus...

#23 ·
:blah:
I'm sorry joe, if you have it it MUST be the best :bow::pointlaugh:

#24 ·
Where did I say they were the best? Your facts about price and features are just way out in left field...

Price out a set of full sweep all electric cobalts and compare that to performax...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.