Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

REV-X

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  stoker04 
#1 ·
Okay guys I need an honest no #### answer on this one. I have an '05 6.0 and am having some stiction with one or more of my injectors. I have a rough a rough idle in the mornings when its below 55ish. Since I live in Utah that pretty much means every morning. I have looked into a few things and one thing came up that I am trying to figure out is B.S. or not. Its REV-X and its a simple (yet expensive) additive that is suppose to help this issue. I have already replaced my number 5 injector that was bad and I would rather not do another if I dont have to. So, has anyone tried it and was it worth it? Is this just some snake oil I am putting in my engine?

#2 ·
Looooooots of threads on this subject already....some ppl love it and some hate it, I personally hate it I've tried it twice and it did nothin for me, some are gonna say its a magical fluid that's gonna make their truck run better but truth is if your truck is not running good all this stuff will do is band-aid it for the time bein, if it does anythig at all, running a 5w40 synthetic oil is waaaay better than using this high dollar stuff along with the 100 dollar plus oil changes we have

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
As stated its just a band aid, but I had moderate stiction in my truck, and threw 2 bottles of RevX and some 5w 40 T6, and it helped a lot. No smoke on start ups like I had before, smoother idle on cold starts, and my injectors were a lot less noisy. However, when I was getting close to needing an oil change again, the symptoms started to come back, just not as severe. It definitely helped my truck, but for only a limited time. I was planning on injectors, but sold the truck before I could get them done.

#4 ·
answer is yes, it will help with mild stiction. If your injecters are gone it wont bring them back. It will not help if you have major injecter problems tho. And as stated, its just hiding it, not fixing it...

#5 ·
try Hotshots secret
It was originally made for Ford IH 6.0 and by their request

also has a money back guarantee not to mention unlike rev x they say to use HotShosts only if you have an issue not every oil change like Rev x

or try Archoils 9000 it's cheapest

I have used all three just for preventative measures

#8 ·
if you have a problem that will be helped by removing natural oil varnish from the injectors, then it will CURE the problem for a while. If you keep using natural oil, the problem will return.
What you need to do is change the oil to synthetic and then add the proper dose (two bottles) of RevX. If it doesn't help you, that isn't the fault of the RevX, it works great, you just have a different problem and probably need new injectors or FICM work.
There is no BS and no mystery here, and it is not a band aid.

#9 ·
I used a pint of AR9100 when I changed to Rotella T6 and I am very happy with the results. Starts are quiet and smooth with no smoke. Fixed a long crank, 5 sec, and noisey warm up. Of course, maybe the T6 alone would have done as well. I will use it again next oil change.

#10 ·
There is a tester call the Hickok G2, this tester will tell you with 100% accuracy which injector has stiction. I have it and it works great, I had a truck that really ran bad, so i hook up the G2, 7 of the 8 injectors have stiction. So I thought about this and figured I would pull 2,4,6 and 8 and buff the spool valves and see what happens. I put it all back together and fire it up, no more stiction on that side of the engine. So then I pull 1,3,5 and 7, buff those spool valves, fire it up and no more stiction. There are videos on youtube from Hickok about their tester.
I have tried some of the snake oils, sometimes they help, usually they don't, I'd say there a bandaid at best.

#12 ·
I've used it on a bunch of trucks, it does work like they claim.

#14 ·
It will work on the 4.5 V6 cab over truck engines and the Navistar versions.

#16 ·
It connects between the FICM and the harness, there is a lead to go to the OBDII port but that is just for it to read ICP. No scanner can read the data between the injectors and FICM.
I can positively identify the problem injector(s) with it, I have a Snap On modis and it will not pick up a lot of bad injectors on a CCT. Most 6.0's with a sticton problem have only 1 or 2 problem injectors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.