Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

DTC question for ICP system

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  NVJAY775 
#1 ·
The code is P2291
condition description
injector control pressure too low

fault / trigger / comments
no start ICP is less than 725psi (it's a 360psi when cranking)

probable causes
see diagnostic manual ICP system

I am having issues coming up with the manual online.

Any helpful thoughts, or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Jay

#5 ·
Is the IPR around 85% while cranking?

most common thing I have run into on those trucks is the SCT bracket at the back of the HPOP will start to leak, there is an o-ring in there that gets worn out over time and creates a HPO leak, another possiblity is that one of the o-rings on one of the plugs in HPO rail could be worn out and also leaking. or an o-ring in the top of the injector could be torn, but the most common is the SCT bracket, ford sells an updated 1 piece bracket to correct that problem.

#6 ·
Close to 50%.
fault / trigger / comments
no start ICP is less than 725psi (it's at 360psi when cranking)

Thanks for all the information. GREATLY appreciated. Hopefully be able to get back into it later today. Passed a kidney stone last night and am takin it easy today.

#8 ·
Thanks much. That thing is friggin buried. It's a buddies truck that I am helping with. This may take some serious hopps and barley to get back on the road. Thanks again guys.:peeman:

#9 ·
Thanks guys! Got it back on the road. I forwarded all the info from you guys to my buddie and he got it going. I was down and out and missed out on all the wrenching. Yeeeee! I don't even know what it was exactly. All I know is he told me to thank you guys for the help. So... Thanks very much to all. PSN rules!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.