Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

SAWEEEEEET!!!

3K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  imelmo 
#1 ·
Just got home from the dealership with my new 6.0!!! I had a 2000 7.3 that was lightly modded but with 200k on the ticker, i knew i had limited time left on the tranny and other stuff so I just picked up a 2005 FX4 Crew Cab with 69k miles. It's a night and day difference from my old 7.3. I'm looking forward to learning the ins and outs of the 6.0. Just wanted to share my stoke!

#2 ·
:rockwoot: So when's the SCT programmer going on and the muffler coming off? :D

By the way,

:nopics:

#4 ·
funny you should say that......i just got back in from cutting the muffler off lol!! i left the cat on and it's still kinda quiet. as soon as i get a length of 4" pipe, i'll take the rest off and dump it before the back axle. can't WAIT for the SCT!!

#8 ·
i love it when someone takes a sawzall to a truck they have had less then 3 hours. Nice looking truck by the way

#9 ·
thanks guys. the "******* engineering" is just a temporary fix to the stock sound. I'll have a 4" straight on there before too long. it was just too quiet on the way home so as soon as i pulled in....off she went lol

#11 ·
Nice truck for sure. As they said an SCT with some nice custom tunes, your 4" straight pipe and maybe an intake and you will be off to a good start for sure. Headstuds, EGR delete and a few other little preventative maintenance/supporting mods will be good to keep in mind.

#17 ·
Just got home from the dealership with my new 6.0!!! I had a 2000 7.3 that was lightly modded but with 200k on the ticker, i knew i had limited time left on the tranny and other stuff so I just picked up a 2005 FX4 Crew Cab with 69k miles. It's a night and day difference from my old 7.3. I'm looking forward to learning the ins and outs of the 6.0. Just wanted to share my stoke!
lmao, :poke: 7.3 guys......congrats on the truck

#18 ·
I'm looking forward to learning the ins and outs of the 6.0. Just wanted to share my stoke!
The ins are...

You have a superduty.

You have one potent engine..

The 5 speed tranny can take some abuse...

over 400 HP on a tune...

Everyone under estimates you.

Outs...

The heads like to detach from the block.

It likes to puke like a sorority girl on new years eve.

stock exhaust sucks (already fixed good man)

Gotta take the motor out or the cab off to stud her.

#19 ·
you got to take the cab off or pull the motor to do head studs on a 6.0 wtf. That job security for ford isnt it. STUPID!:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh: Thats another reason the 7.3 is awesome. wouldnt trade her for the 6.0 thats fo sho.:D

#23 ·
hahaha, gotta love having a new vehicle, specially one as sharp as the one you got, just wait till ya get the SCT and other goodies on it.

I've had mine for a year now and am still volunteering like that lol.

#24 ·
beautiful truck, i am driving anywhere can as well in my new 08

#26 ·
Pulled mine off Thursday. It was surprisingly easy. Should have it back together today.

#28 ·
What do you mean "what now"? :poke:

Never had studs, that's what we put in along with ITP fuel system ans First Coast egr delete.

#30 ·
Still stock injectors and turbo. If I would've thought about it I would've got some tips for the injectors and put them on while we had everything apart. :doh: Oh well. I'll just wait 'till I get some more air. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.