Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

intake for over 500-600HP

2K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  PGreenSVT 
#1 ·
as the title says, what intake for a '04 6.0 would be a good one for a truck that will be in the 500-600HP range? i have read several times about the stock intake being good up to 500hp then never seen or heard an alternative for after that.

#5 ·
I've still got the old AFE stage 1 on my truck.

#8 ·
Just to let you know...I am running a AFE stage 2 XP with the Pro-guard 7 filter media.
If I reset the filter minder before I do a hard run with my 66mm turbo, it will pull it in almost a 1/4" after the hard run.

So even with a huge open filter element, and an extreme "Zoodad" mod...it is still restrictive...

#9 ·
So take it off. :poke: :D

#11 ·
And live by the beach!

I have the AFE Stage II w/PG 7 filter. I was having the same problem as Ivan, the minder would be sucked almost all the way down.

I replaced it with a K&N filter *GASP lol* and the problem was solved. Also if you ever plan on getting an aftermarket intercooler, don't get the AFE Stage II. YOU WILL KICK YOURSELF IN THE BALLS EVERYTIME YOU TRY TO WORK ON IT.

#12 ·
Paintrain, do you have a UOA done on your oil? I'd be interested in the results with your K&N.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.