Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

spartan tuning

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  vindiesel2 
#1 ·
This weekend I did a egr and dpf delete, 4in dp and 5in dpf back and im using spartan for tuning but i notice my tranny is shifting really hard. does the tuner need to be updated or does anyone have a clue as to why it would be doing that. Sorry if its a dumb question im still a little new to all this stuff.

#2 ·
Depending on the tune you are running, it takes up to 500 miles for the trans to settle down. I usually do a few wot runs and some mixed driving when I switch tunes and it only takes about 60 miles to smooth out (I dont bother doing the relearn anymore). That was running the 300LL tune.

#3 ·
The higher tunes use firmer shifting to preserve your stock trans and converter. You are adding over 200 hp, so higher trans pressure is needed to hold it. The shifting will settle a bit with a trans relearn, but it is still going to feel firm compared to stock.

#4 ·
Sounds normal to me.

#7 ·
Trac bars will make all the difference in the world in shifting. One of my favorite mods, esp if trying to settle the truck down

#8 ·
Trac Bars and then follow the relearn process for the trans. Or wait a few hundred miles and it will settle down.
The relearn is
25% throttle run from 0-80 mph then full stop
50% throttle from 0-80 mph then full stop
then WOT run from 0-80 then full stop.

That should set you right.

#9 ·
Mine still didnt act right when I gave her the go pedal. Acting like she was searching for gears and defueling when it shouldnt. Liked the power and response for sure but it didnt agree with my trans. I guess I should have tried a diff file lol but I want to run the biggest tune I can always. Cant wait for this new update though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.