Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Mod my Truck

3K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  zs6.0 
#1 ·
There is a good chance that I'll be trading in the ol 7.3 for an 05 6.0 tomorrow. I was pretty savvy with the mods for the 7.3 but I have NO clue what to do with the newer engine. I'll start small with gauges, exhaust, intake, and a tuner. My main questions are....can I put a 6337 filter on the 6.0 and which tuner/tunes should I go with and not have to worry about headstuds or straining the drivetrain too bad?? Also...i'll end up getting a 4" turbo back with muffler delete but does those systems also get rid of the kitty too? thanks ahead of time!

#3 ·
i love the 7.3 engine however i think my tranny is on it's last leg. the steering box needs to be replace reallllly bad and the interior is pretty ate up. I'm ready for a quad cab that will not take a bunch of repairs in the near future. PLUS...the dealership is giving me original MSRP for the truck on a trade so it works out pretty good. believe me though....i've been a die hard 7.3 fan but i just would like something newer and more with less problems (aside from the engine.)

#4 ·
Do it, you will love the 6.0, just call doug at GOGOdiesel.com and he will set you up with an SCT x3 and exhaust and gauges. thats all you will need to make 400rwhp with your new truck.
Doug - 954-275-6801

#6 ·
it depends on each truck! some puke stock, others never puke. How many miles on teh truck in question? If its still under warranty, your ford dealer might put in ARP studs for you if you ask them if you do blow stock gaskets.

#8 ·
That about covers all the bases right there. SCT Xcal3 for sure, plenty of good tuners to get one from and once you get the tuner you can try out some tunes from different tuners. Eric at Innovative is highly regarded as a 6.0 master as well as Doug mentioned above.

If ya can get an OASIS report run on the 6.0L truck to see what sort of warranty work has been preformed on it.

#15 ·
I love my 6.0 so far. :rockwoot:

#23 ·
Not to dog on the 7.3 super dutys, but the '05+ is a way nicer setup than your '01, or whatever year it is. aside from the engine, you have a MUCH smoother ride, tighter turning radius, 5 speeds, not 4, non-worn out everything, rear cargo area when seats are up, and it just seems nicer all around. Just if you want additional reliable power, plan on head studs, period. Otherwise you'll turn into one of those whiners we all hate who say the 6.0 is a p.o.s. :blah: Good luck with the new truck. I vote you get it.

#25 ·
The 6.0 is a good platform.Ive been around the 7.3s but love my 6.0 when its runnin.Im workin on the studs now and the EGR delete soon.SCT is the way to go like the other guys said...You can try different ones but the SCT rocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.