Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

huge single with some spray or compounds

4K views 44 replies 18 participants last post by  secondarychaos 
#1 ·
what do you guys think

#2 ·
A big single and some spray will have you up and running at the track far quicker and cheaper than if you go for compounds.

It really depends on how much you are willing to spend and how much patience you have.

#3 ·
i want to build my own kit i think whats a good single like 100mm or so and what sticks you think

#9 ·
I don't know if there's a set of injectors big enough to light something like that... even if there are you've got to worry about HPO. Oh, and the intake manifold from the factory is pretty much screwed if you want to move A LOT of air....

#4 ·
i like exsplosive boost alot

#8 ·
y wouldnt a hybride work

#13 ·
come on guys im just saying i like that power i just said a 100 m beacuse it a turbo i would love to ut on my s10

#14 ·
i still need to reserch but i was just asking i think twins would be sick whats the most amout of boost you could run with fire rings h11

#15 ·
you cound imagen filling all that bost at ones that would be the bigs rush for me

#17 ·
thanks man i would love to do twins bad im going to fegure it out beacuse it has not been done yet

#20 ·
ya im definty not book smart but i can hold my own fabercation and im preyt good with my hands. no twins not sequential tubos/ compounds

#21 ·
i didnt know this was a spelling bee anyway.

#23 ·
Twins are parallel, one for each side. Compounds is series. I don't really see how twins would be much of an improvement over a single VGT, but I'm not a turbo expert. Perhaps they would spool faster just because they have lower inertia, but other than that a properly sized single should be about the same.

#24 ·
thanks for not beeing a smart a$$ for me asking a questions thats also what i think of when i here twins.
what iwasthink abotdoing was a hybried like a small exaust housing like 4 a 3.5L spinning like 35lb out of like a t66 or a t70 on both sides they do it in gasers all day whats the diffrents some compression well thats what i think im going todo.
i dontwant to do compounds beacuse im about the street and if you have to let out of the peadel by a cop you wount have a blown turbos and engien.

#25 ·
I am no turbo expert however the thing that I learned in fluid mechanics is that a parallel pump system will deliver higher flow rates while a compound pump system will deliver higher pressures.

Diesels aren't a high reving motor so they can only take so much flow, with flow being limited ya jump to the next best thing to get the oxygen in there, pressure and cram as much oxygen in per volume of air. If ya could get the 6.0L to spin up to say 5 or 6k then you might be able to fun parallel chargers, but then the question would come of how big of a charger can you light off half the exhaust flow.

For what your looking for go with a big charger and some drugs to make it light. Not sure how much fun that would be on the street though unless your going out of the hole where you can brakeboost it, or going from a high roll where you can be on top of it already.

#26 ·
Just brake boost it from a roll thats what I figured out what to do against all these damn manuals Thanks man for the helpful tips. I really appreciate it! I just have a lot of reading up to do...

#32 ·
well i have a tig welder plasma cuter and a mandral tube bennder so all i need is injectors and big o turbos but im reall debating i dont know what do do i have a feww thaughts i just have to starrt winging it i think. So my options big ass singel twins hybrides or compounds. Twins would be dope just beacuse its rarlly done if any. but god i dont know. im always like this so in dosisive

#34 ·
so you dont thin twins but compounds but im under the understanding that the build all there power low rang is that not coract bucuse would i be able to take the truck to 4300 rpms and more and build power up there

#35 ·
You're right, this is not a spelling bee, but poor spelling and grammar make it difficult for others to understand you, and less inclined to offer assistance. We just ask that you spend a little more time proof-reading your posts before submittal and correct obvious mistakes and use punctuation. This will most certainly get you more favorable responses.

Anyway, in response to your question, here is my opinion:

If you're going to use a single turbo and spray, I would suggest keeping the stock charger. This will maintain drivability, then you spray to make big power. If you do it the other way around (large charger that you have to spray to light), you have poor drivability, and you'll be using the spray to "fill in the gaps" on the low end and perhaps the top end (depending on the single turbo of choice). Also of note is the cam used in the 6.0 that doesn't lend itself to lighting a large single charger.

As was said before, compounds are the way to go with multiple chargers. Since these trucks operate in a relatively low RPM band, you get a more favorable result with compounds compared to parallel twins. The small charger gives you low-end response (and helps light the big charger) while the big charger gives you top-end power.

#36 ·
thanks man i will take my time. I still cant spell to well i know it sucks. Im spraying on stock turbo right now but want some more power you know. So what would be a good compound set up you think

#37 ·
your best bet is to phone some shops and tell them exactly what you want to do and they will advise you.

Compounds get pretty pricey as well.

not just the turbos but everything that goes with them. You could also look into a new compound setup that is not out yet but you could hold out but they are starting to use prochargers as the bottom and large turbo up top.

You tend to forget about turbo lag with that kinda setup.

#39 ·
That was much better chody! Spelling's not a big deal. It's lack of punctuation that makes your posts so hard to read and understand. Not everyone does perfect english, but at least break it up with periods. Ya know??

BTW. Compounds is the way to go. There's a reson no one does twins...

#42 ·
i understand beacuse i was rereading my post and i could not understand them.:(

#40 ·
what do you guys know about the s400 for the larger one

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.