Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

PA lift laws

6K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Arisley 
#1 ·
I have an 05 F250 I want to put on 37x12.50 and a 6inch lift but do not know if it will pass inspection. Can anyone help? I tried looking on google but couldn't find anything.

#2 ·
I'll move this to the General Aftermarket Section for ya. Probably get a few more responses there. This section is mostly for engine talk.

#3 ·
I think you find PA law to be 30" max bumper height. With annual inspections you will need a mighty small set of tires for inspection or a very forgiving inspection station. My advice would be to stop off at a local shop that does annual inspections and ask what their take is on it.

#4 ·
I think it is 30" bumper height as well. I'm from lancaster county and I see alot of trucks running around that have to be over that! I don't know what those guys do to pass inspection. I want to do the same combo as you and will when I can afford it.

#5 ·
I did some measurements last night and with the 6inch lift and the 37s my rough estimate of my rear bumper height will be 31inchs my front will be around 26in and from the middle of the headlights down will be about 48in. is there anything I can do so I can lose that inch of my rear bumper

#7 ·
I don't have the stock wheels anymore I bought thte truck used. I came with aftermarket wheels and 315/75r/17 so I'd havta buy another set of wheels which I don't have hte money for

#9 ·
i dont know about pennsylvania but in jersey if you register your 10,001 pounds you are no longer required to go threw inspections but self inspections. anything between 10000 and 16000 are self inspected. hency why I am registered for 10,001 pds. Lift and tint look legal to me lol

#10 ·
antibullock,

I came across this link a while back.

http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/067/chapter175/s175.80.html

Assuming your truck weighs between 7,001 and 9,000 lbs, your front bumper has to be 28" or less from the ground. The rear needs to be less than 30 inches. If you have anything other than the OE bumper, they are supposed to measure the distance from the bottom of your frame rails.

BTW, they also set a limit of 3 inches for fender flares. don't know how far out your tires will be sitting from the wheel wells, but if you are planning on fender flares to hide them, keep in mind. Curiously, didn't find anything with regards to whether and how far your tires can jut out of the wheel wells, but seem to recall essentially "zero".

Hope that helped...

#11 ·
To take care of that inch in the back bumper, just throw a thousand lbs. or so in the bed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.