Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

SCAN Gauge2

4K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  kx450f 
#1 ·
Just got a scan gauge 2.Wanted to check my ficm and also keep an eye on other things going on with the motor. Whats some of the best things to monitor with this gauge and what parameters do they need to fall in? Thanks...

#4 ·
ficm logic power, ficm volt, oil temp, water temp, icp, hpo, batt volt, i know some one on here has a 2 page list and the stuff to input on here some where

#5 ·
Here is the latest list I have on the ScanGaugeII.

I too have it and I almost always run around with:

Volts
FICM voltage
ECT
EOT

You can input 24 PID,s and switch around as you wish. The most important in my opinion is the ECT & EOT.

Attachments

#6 ·
Just curious, do you guys that run this leave it plugged in constantly? If you do, do you have a mount for your scan gauge or just let it sit in console? Or do you just plug in as needed? I have a genesis scanner I use to plug in as needed, but this sounds like a rather handy, low cost unit to read "pids" with.

My Sct also shows some pids, but its rather limited. I do need to update software in it also, as the newer update does allow a few more pids, but not as many as this scan guage.

#10 ·
I wound up putting mine to the far left of the steering wheel just below the dash wood grain where it's out of sight exept for myself. I run the wire up next to the column so it's really in a spot where its visable when needed and I also used the velcro that came with it to keep it there. I always have it going considering the factory gauges are worthless it's nice to see how things are running.
It's not known for it's good looks but it is a mighty little thing that is for sure. To top it off it is a code reader and works in any car with a OBDII port. Hands down best money I ever spent on my truck.

#15 ·
thats engine coolant temp and engine oil temp you just want them within 15degrees of eachother

#20 ·
He's not screwing around with gauges but he also has sunk a fortune into that truck, can't say that I blame him. I would want to know what it's doing after the money spent on it.

#21 ·
your correct. ive always kept an eye on everything plus i love the look of gauges. easy to see for crutial stuff fuel press,EGT, boost, trans temp, water, oil temo, then my scan gauge to see the rest like ficm volt, alt volt, hpo,. when these trucks are so expensive when thing go wrong its nice to see sighns befor hand.

#22 ·
i moved my scan gauge around had it to left of stering wheel and the right but then it fit perfect under radio drilled a hole rear corrner for cord and it sits in there tight with no mounting to fab up. easy to see and out of the way

#24 ·
im thinking ur having same issue i have i have a 180 thermostat so my eot sits at 193 and my ect sits at 179-182. and thats with a new oil cooler. i need to buy a ford oem one. ur temps are far apart how old is your oil cooler? and do you have coolent filter?

#27 ·
id def. get coolent filter and if u havent put ELC coolent i run cat ELC

#29 ·
anything is better than the motorcraft crap!! i was going to buy that but stupid napa said i had to buy min 6 gal. so i went to cat to buy it

#30 ·
Cat EC1 is a high quality coolant and is also what I have in my truck. If I could have got hold of Rotella (Shell) ELC Ultra I would have it in the truck. Cat was next in line as far as my research and recomendation from some smart MFers. :)

That stuff is thick like syrup and sure is a pretty color.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.