Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Props to Precision Metal Fab...

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Eric@PTP 
#1 ·
I've been fighting the infamous 65+ mph hmmmm for quite a while now. I finally decided to order the adjustable center carrier bearing drop bracket from PMF. It arrived today. When I took it out of the box, I was astounded at how BEEFY this thing is. The engineering is truly remarkable. There are no instructions but it's very simple to figure out. I just wanted to give props to PMF. This bracket is a work of art. Whoever designed it is a genius. I'm going to install it in the next few days and I'm hoping it solves my problem, but in the mean time I want to say thank you to PMF for this amazing piece of work. I'll post results as soon as I can.

#5 ·
Regardless of who *originally* designed the thing, I'm still impressed. PMF gets the credit for this one.

#6 ·
They all have a specific purpose. You are not going to find a patent on two things that do the same thing. These are not things that they just hand out to anyone, they take years to complete, and they are very expensive to obtain.

This one is very straight forward. Essentially it is saying anything that holds the carrier bearing on a frame element and allows it to be adjusted in the X, Y, & Z axis....

A generally hollow three element boxed mounting bracket adapted to hold a carrier bearing assembly within it's central cavity and be mechanically affixed to a frame member of a vehicle. The three elements forming the boxed structure each have slotted orifices that align to allow the passage of mechanical fasteners. The relative positioning of the individual bracket elements allows for adjustment of the carrier bearing assembly in the X, Y and Z axes. The bracket also has two slotted orifices for the attachment of the carrier bearing assembly and allows for the attachment of all models of driveshaft carrier bearings.

#7 ·
My point was just an adjustable bearing retainer is nothing new

I do realize all of the custom guys have similar designs on many components whether it's a coincidence or other IDK

I was just saying

from 1994 before the term XYZ was widely used
Field of the Invention

The present invention relates generally to bearing support assemblies allowing simpler adjustment and alignment of the bearing support components and bearing supported therein along three dimensions, and more particularly to an improved bearing support assembly configuration for auger screw conveyor applications.

#12 ·
Good grief, all I was trying to do was publicly thank a PSN vendor. If it's old tech, so be it. I don't really care. It's an after market part that is well made, fit perfectly, and was easy to install. I was going to post some before and after pics of the bearing carrier angle but I don't want to get beat up any longer. If anyone's interested, PM me. I'll send them to you. I'm out.

#15 ·
It isn’t about a favorite vendor or pushing someone’s product. When you come up with an idea and spend years perfecting and testing it. Improving the idea through the years. Then you do the right thing and you protect your idea by spending 10k to get it all patented. As a business it makes sense because there is nobody else that makes one. It is a great idea, innovative, and a necessary part for a lift kit. Just think how many of these you have to sell just to cover the patent costs and attorney fees. This is about someone actually owning the right to this idea. It is obvious that you don’t care about that. Unlike you, I think people that read these forums should know this information. That way it will help them make a well informed good decision.

#14 ·
I'm going to post this for the benefit of others (which I always thought was the purpose of most forums). The "part" that I installed solved my problem. I recommend that anyone with drive line vibes should consider this "part". As they say "It worked for me".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.