Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

No power on take off

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Sawed Off 
#1 ·
This just started. My truck has zip power on take off. I barely moves from idle to about 1200 rpm, then it TAKES OFF. This AM its raining here and it is all I can do to keep the wheels from spinning. I have to give it about 1/2 throttle to get it moving, then as soon as it gets over 1000 rpm, be ready to let off, otherwise it's haulin'.

It has also started giving me problems starting when warm. But of course, just sometimes. I let it cool down before shutting down and SOMETIMES when I go to restart, it runs weakly at about 500rpm for 2-3 secs, then quits. I have to restart it 7 or 8 times and then suddenly it starts and runs fine. No stumble, smooth idle, like there isn't a problem in the world. This happens when I run into a store for a few snacks or shut it off to order at the drive thru. It's off for 20 secs to 10 minutes.

Overnight shutdowns are no problem. Starts fine and runs fine every morning and evening. Even the low speed stumble was gone this AM.

I HAD an SCT2 economy tune in it, took that out today to see if that was the problem. Nope.

O.K. gurus of the beast that is Ford 6.0, what did I miss and more importantly, what's the problem?

See less See more
#8 ·
I haven't had an issue but I was gonna say either the veins or the egr valve. Seems to be the problem on this situation most of the time on the posts I've read. just my 2 cents though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.