Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

8" lift, 38's, clearance and towing

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Dark_Shadow 
#1 ·
I have an 04' 6.0, looking to do an 8" lift and 38x14.50s on 16x12s w/4.5" back spacing. What's the chance of them not rubbing? Also how would it be towing with this setup? The most I would tow often would be around 5000-7000lb. And will the stock gears be ok? Thanks

#2 ·
have a 8" with 40's on my 04 and had to trim the fender some, unless you set the steering stops they will rub the leafs, rear wise around maybe 5K? when going over a bump in the road the tire will rub the fender, mine tows great and did fine when it had stock gears

#5 ·
I've been towing quite a bit over the past month with my Ex (up to 10,000lbs), and it does great. However, I did regear to 4.56 so that helps. The rear has a Deaver replacement pack, and it rides much better than stock, and surprisingly doesn't sag with a heavy trailer loaded on it. I think the King shocks do a tremendous amount to control the load as well. You will rub with 12" wide wheel though. 10" you would be fine with a little fender trimming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.