Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

need some help with how to spend some money

3K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Tte531 
#1 ·
iv got 2500 and i wana put it into my truck idk what eles to do iv got the sct with tunes from eric silverline exhaust airaid intake 4 pod gauges idk what eles to get some help would be awsome on what would be good investments im think bout a egr deleat but what eles

#5 ·
190 injectors and nitrous

#8 ·
+1 for EGR delete and head studs. Then have Eric write you some new tunes.:D

#9 ·
thanks guys for the help yah im thinkin the egr delete is gona happin iv been lookin at yours abrannan19 the kit you sell is nice iv been tryin to find a dealership around me that is willin to do the head studs under warenty because the trucks only got 18 k on it and if i were to spend a lil more money what kinda injectors would you all perfer 190s or 225s and from whom

#10 ·
may not be the funnest but I would go for supporting seeing what you have already. EGR delete and headstuds for starters, then I guess look towards injectors and a turbo. Shortly after the injectors and turbo you may find yourself needing a transmission though.

Seems 190's from Casserly are they way to go.

How about fuel system upgrades to support the new injectors and such. Could probably put that whole $2500 into supporting mods and "bulletproofing" mods for future injectors/turbo and maybe even drugs.

Personally if it were my money and had those mods to my truck I think I would be doing EGR delete, head studs and a fuel system, get it all out of the way while the cab is off. Not sure how much money that would leave you if any but then I think I would do a bypass oil filter setup. Then get back to injectors and turbo followed shortly by a trans.

#13 ·
I think mods that help bullet proof your truck should take priority over power adders for the piece of mind.

1. Headstuds

2. EGR Delete

3. Fuel system, regulated return lift pump.

4. Oil Bypass filter.

5. Coolant filter. (filters out the casting sand.)

There is always a chance of the truck going POP and you warp your heads etc.

remember nitrous and custom tune are cheap but fixing the damage they do is not.

#16 ·
yah the more iv been thinkin bout it suporting the mods and building up to it is the right way to go im deff thinkin about the head studs and egr adrannan19 im loacted up in mass out on cape cod haha redfishman17 your a funny guy
Oh rly!!!

I am in Norton, MA bout 45 minutes or so up 495 from the cape, 5 minutes down the road from The Comcast Center (formerly Tweeter Center.) Always good to see another local powerstroke driver.

There is a local forum for some New England diesel guys too if your interested in joining. www.newenglandturbodieselpower.com mostly cummins guys and such but there are a few powerstroke guys and have events every now and then such as dyno days and just get togethers and such.

#23 ·
If you only have 18k miles on the motor adn 2500k? I would head studs ARP ($419), BPD Air to Oil Cooler ($1947). If you do the BPD oil cooler then you can remove the egr without a kit. Minus the up pipe but i bought mine for 20$ off ebay, and ti has been a fine piece or you can get a block of plate and use the factory up pipe. As for the Studs put on your big boy pants on and do them yourself! With yours having such little mileage like mine does i wouldnt worry about the heads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.