Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2001 Super cab - 4" lift needs to be downsized for daughter - Need advise

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  no_pistons7 
#1 ·
OK Gents.... first off, I am new to the forum.

I just bought a 2001 F250 Super Cab 7.3PSD. Great truck....0nly 55K miles. Truck has a few things I need to change becuase it is going to my 16 year old daughter.

Currently it has a 4" Procomp lift on front with dual shocks and 4.25" blocks in the rear with an add a leaf. Rolling on 325/65R18

It pains me to take it down, but don't want my daughter's first vehicle being high.

I have most of the stock parts for a 2002 F250 that is my truck I put a 6" Donohoe Racing lift on. I can use some of those parts to lower it.

I don't really want to take it all the way to stock. So I am looking for option ideas.

If I leave the add a leaf on the truck and put my stock F250 blocks on it........what can I do to the front to "level" it? (or will I need to do something other than put stock springs in)?

Kinda like the idea of a leveling kit...... or a small lift to get a least a little bigger tire on it....yet make it more realistic for my daughter.

Obviously not wanting to much at all and utilize some of the parts I got..... while still making it look more than "stock".

Sure I am leaving out some important details.

Ideas? Questions? etc??

Roomie92

P.S. - I will be selling the 4" procomp once I get it off the front....just FYI.... will post that later.

See less See more
#3 ·
Leave it...

like in all reality. if something happens hevin forbid.. shes a foot higher then the crappy little car that hit's her.

if your worried about her driving it, take her out and make her practice. forwards and backards. the only thing to worry about is taking a turn to fast, even with that i dont often see anything about rolling a SD.

just my .02, your Dad. you have to make the call

#4 ·
I say leave it as well & add some good heavy duty bumpers for more protection...like the guy before me said...teach her how to drive it the way it is maybe she likes it better that way but if you wanna for sure change it this is what I would suggest
1. Heavy duty bumpers (road armor, fusion etc etc)
2. Leveling kit for the front
But honestly I would much rather leave it the way it is if it's riding good already I lifted my truck 6 inches & I regret it simply because it's a rougher ride.
3. I would add a reverse camera & add an in dash screen to help her when she reverse

That's all I can think of

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
Leave it. I had mine stock and 6 months later I put the 4 inch lift on with 325s and it nearly handles the same with the lift as without. Even turns id take at 50mph not lifted I still take at 50 lifted. A bit more roll but as stable as it was stock. I think with the stiffer springs and the aftermarket wheels and wider tires widening the stance mine actually handles better then stock.

#10 ·
A 4"lift isnt much more than a leveling kit. So yanking one.inch of lift off is going to change virtually nothing. I have a 6" and currently 35x12.5 r20 tires and its way more stable.than that marshmallowy bs the oem supplied.

I could maybe see your point if it was a 6 or 8" lift. 4 though, nah.

#12 ·
u got a lifted truck with a big stereo, u ripped out stereo and now are taking off the lift...why didnt u just buy a stock truck? am i missing something here

and yes id leave the lift on, like someone else stated a level kit will be close to the same height and it wont be worth the work to swap suspension parts for such a small difference

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.