Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

truck died

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Mooring Product 
#1 ·
Posting this for a friend. The truck would take a long time to start. Some times it wouldnt start. Just cranking then after awile it would fire. Then while driving it the truck started getting slower and slower till the point where I had to tow it home. While this was happening the rpm were still up around 2000. The truck was progressively getting worse over a weeks time. A mech told him it was the hpop. Tranny was rebuilt about 50,000 ago. There is no sign's of a oil leak anywhere. 2003 F-350 6leaker 270,000KS
Please help:(:(

#4 ·
There was no SES light when this happend. Anybody have any ideas?
Tnanks

#6 ·
Yes but it only came up with a tranny code. No motor codes. I thought it was the tranny till he said hard to start. And some times wouldnt start.

#8 ·
If you have a HPO system leak it will be internal, you would not be able to see it without taking some stuff apart first.

Hook up your scanner and pull up ICP and IPR%, what do they read while cranking?

Make sure the oil level is good.

also check to make sure that you are getting fuel. take the cap off of the secondary fuel filter, and see if that little bowl fills with fuel when you turn the key on.

#13 ·
an 04 pump will work on your truck. If anyone tells you they are different have them call Doug.(GoGodiesel) I just had the same issue as you did. It was the hpop. Scanner would show injector issues. I also had low voltage on my ICP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.