Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

another one bites the dust..

3K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  PTSUPERD 
#1 ·
well we're running about 20 6.0's or somewhere around that number.

out of all of them, only a handfull have had problems. well this one keeps giving us hell.

it's an 06 f350 dually 2x4, strictly backhoe truck. at 20k miles, it dropped 4 injectors. at 24k, it dropped the other 4. at 40k miles, it had new EGR cooler, valve, head gaskets, and bolts. well at 60k they did it all again!

yesterday at 81k, my driver called me and said this: "hey i was going down the road pulling the hoe and it just started slowly losing speed and didn't matter how much throttle you gave it, it just slowly started stopping. it didn't quit running when it came to a stop it just was only running about 250-300RPM, throttle didn't do anything but bog it down. i killed it and popped the hood and there is oil everywhere and now it won't start. it cranks but won't start and everytime it spins over it knocks really bad"

well here i am, in gonzales (near san antonio) and the truck is down near beaumont. all the dealers around there are 2-3 weeks behind so i'm leaving ina bit to go haul it back here.

anyone have any ideas as to what it is this time or have any pull at dealers in SETX?

See less See more
#3 ·
i used to live in sour lake for 4 years and winnie for one. my EX's dad owns david self and she lived in sour lake haha.

kinsel, behind 24 jobs.
davind self, HELL NO, they messed up one of our 6.0's not too long ago that ended up having to be taken to my guy here in new braunfels for a new long block.
clavin ford, is behind two weeks.
i'll check with silsbee ford and energy.

thanks a lot man! appreciate it! :rockwoot:

#4 ·
No problem man.

Anywho. I've got hook ups with all the parts people at the local dealers, but not the service dept end. If you run out of options, and could get it up there, a good friend of mine is the sales manager for Jasper Ford.

Silsbee prolly would be a good one to call.

BTW. Your 08 wasnt at Lumberton Offroad a while back was it? There was one identical to it sitting out front.

#5 ·
man i was just in jasper wednesday haha, i had to run over to De Ridder to check on a job about to kick off.

i'll check with silsbee in a minute.

haha yes it sure was, i knew i should have kept those wheels, people have recognized me all way in dallas ha

#8 ·
i go where the work is man, i am NOT limited to my travels. gearing up for a job from kansas, to oklahoma, to end point in pampa, tx.

as far as it being hpop, i thought so too, but the dang hpop has been replaced three times!! haha

#16 ·
finally got back from beaumont with the truck, hauling it to new braunfels in the morning.

from what i can see, it puked out ALL the water from the degas bottle, there is A LOT of oily residue where head meets the motor, so i'm guessing it lifted the heads, and there is oil all down the side of the truck.

we'll see what ford says tomorrow..

#24 ·
man we have our whole fleet of haul trucks busy 20hrs a day and with one down it really screws things up. we work around the clock lately in SETX and LA so we need to keep things going. BTW, the new 6.4 pulling the backhoe is wicked! our other 6.4's are job 1's. this one is a job 2 (obviously) and might be my imagination, but it seems to be better then the rest ha.

#31 ·
yeah i sold it to my buddy, bought his 05 f350. he then sold the red/silver dodge to local dealer (they're relatives). and now then my buddy bought another haha.

we are constantly buying trucks haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.