Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Trouble Starting

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  PGreenSVT 
#1 ·
I've been having a lot of trouble getting my truck started I bought it used with 117,000 on it and the dealer put to brand new batteries in it. It started getting cold and the truck stopped starting and its been starting really slow. So I took it to plaza ford in bel air MD and had the Alternator checked they said it was making 14 volts. Any Ideas?

#2 ·
glow plugs? glow plug relay? there should be a sticky explaining how to test them

#3 ·
alright thank you

#6 ·
If I can get it started it runs fine. I jumped it last night and I was driving and the gauges on my dash went real dim and the CD player went out so I'm thinking ford made a mistake and it is the alternator. I'm going to hook up a voltage gauge to it tonight.

#7 ·
Not sure that was your best bet for a dealer. They don't service that many Powerstrokes. I live right around the corner from them and based on the really crappy service I got from the body shop in repainting a hood for my other truck (had to take it back 3 times and it still required me to do some add'l work) I wouldn't go there. I understand Bob Bell in Glen Burnie Md. has the best diesel shop around Balto.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.