Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Core motor tear down and Hi Po Build

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  smokyred 
#1 ·
Got me a 2000 core motor to tear down and build!
After waiting a few days for a AC Delco 2klb engine stand to get in from Orilleys
I started the tear down, the motor came with a 97 turbo set up as they swapped a 97 motor in a 2000, The core ran when pulled just low compression.
Didn't make much progress tonight, just valve covers pulled and some degrease is it.

See less See more
#4 ·
Plans as of now is a partial filled block, griddle, billet rods, balanced to 5500rpm , custom cam, head work, o ringed, solid lifters, roller rockers but if mine goes boom it might get a mild build and shoved in truck to keep it going

#11 ·
You said it had a 97 turbo setup on it, but from looking at the exh. housing on the turbo on the ground, it's an early 99 setup. The 97's had a 4 bolt flange style up-pipe connection, and the early 99's has a round v-band clamp like what you have. Just thought I'd help with that little observation just in case you wanna sell these parts you'll know exactly what you got.

#12 ·
Hey guys whats a good price for a core motor.A buddy of mine works for a International shop, they have a core motor for sale, low comp, 1 partially melted piston #8 what i was told.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.