Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

DIESEL FUEL IN COOLANT

22K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  broncof250444 
#1 ·
We have a 2005 f250 6.0 that we did head gaskets and arp head studs and egr delete on truck, It runs perfect but the coolant resevoir is filling up with diesel fuel and coolant, this happend about 1500 miles after job,injector cups look great and we have pressure tested coolant system and dont see leaks, all new injectors any idea?????????????????????????

#2 ·
I'm going through the exact same problem right now and my truck is at unlimited Diesel. My truck is not studded yet and was bone stock when this happened with 142k on the clock.

My injectors are rusted, cups may be cracked, they sure look bad, orings are gone on four, and injectors are rusted. Go to CompD and search for a thread called Rusted Injectors. The heads are being pressure tested right now for cracks that may only be noticeable when warm. Here's my pics

http://picasaweb.google.com/MikeDowns75/CabOff_Injectors#

Best o Luck

#3 ·
Cracked head possibly? Maybe not enough to show on a pressure test?

#6 ·
I know, I 'm not saying Don is wrong, we are just hoping that the heads aren't cracked and hoping that it's related to the condition of the cups, copper washers, and orings. It's not like it under warranty, so Nate is trying to save me from spending a fortune

#5 ·
Who's Don? :poke:

#7 ·
Totally misread that. Thought you were refering to me as Don. :doh: :p :D

#9 ·
Its either the cup or the head no other way around it so id have the head checked... i just had an ambulance in the shop that had the same problem and it turned out to be a cracked head i also noticed the injector was washed down in the cylinder that had the issue.. it was an 06 with 132k on it hope to never see one again in that chassis :doh:

#10 ·
Most likely a cracked head, if the cup is the problem it will most likely not seal in the head. You can do it the "ford way" drain the coolant and removed all of the injectors and psi check cooling system and spray soapy water in each injector hole until you see bubbles. or just put two heads on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.