Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Exhaust before the back tire

4K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  theSLEEPER 
#1 ·
Anyone know if there is a kit that pipes the exhaust before the back tire? Or am I better off just taking it to a muffler shop?

#5 ·
Hell ya, you can only stay away from diesel for so long, 8 months and I was dying for it. Every time I heard a diesel go by i just about had a seizure with jealousy haha.

Hey slowleak would you be able to maybe point me in the right direction with a place I could find it? I've been looking around but can't find it, maybe you know where it is? -Thanks

#12 ·
DIY like this is very easy, cut off right infront of the cat. 3.5 to 4.0 reducer , short piece of pipe, 45* angle, another piece of pipe. then just buy a few of the strap type hangers. looks good and sounds good. also as an option you can use a stack for the last section of pipe. a 36" stack will fit. I did this before i went to stacks, had a 5" aussie stack under it.

#18 ·
that is why the 97 f150 had exhaust exit before the tire and the 98 had exhaust behind the tire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.