Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

New Wheels and Tires?

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  IHPowerstroke7.3 
#1 ·
So I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this wheel/tire combo. I am still under warranty so I haven't lifted the truck yet. From everything I've read this is going to be really close, but should still fit stock. Can I get a few of you to confirm this? It would put me at ease a bit. I struggle to drop this much money and never actually see them on the truck!

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Tires/LT325-65R-18-Duratrac-Tire.aspx?t_c=13&t_s=163&t_pt=100892&t_pn=GDY312016142

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Series-8101-Gloss-Black-Alloy-Wheel.aspx?t_c=11&t_s=210&t_pt=100073&t_pn=PXA8101-89570

#2 ·
We can't view something that is in your cart. It just takes us to the main page

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#4 ·
Those links work. I'm personally not a big Goodyear fan, but I've never had the best luck with them. The wheels are nice though. Ya might check out the eagle alloy 197. They are similar but I like them a little better then pro comps

#5 ·
I think I like the Pro Comps because they are more chrome in the center than they are black. Thanks for pointing out the Eagles though... I'm not totally sold on the Goodyears. I"ve also looked at Nittos and ProComps. I'd like to get the BFGs but they just seem a bit too pricey.

Anyway, the original question was in regards to fit.. Can anyone confirm that they are running these on a stock height truck?

#6 ·
My bad man I missed the part about the conformation. That should clear just fine though. There was a thread awhile back showed a guy putting 35s on his stock sitting 6.4

#7 ·
I highly recommend the duratracs! I was kinda hesitant at first due to some of the reviews I read but decided to pull the trigger anyway. When it comes a tire selection it was the best decision I've ever made. If you do any sort of off-road/snow/ice driving I honestly don't think you can get a better tire. I do believe if you keep up with the routine rotation of these tires they will last a considerable amount of time as long as you can control the skinny pedal underneath your right foot.

#8 ·
I ran Toyo Open Country MT's in a 35/12.50/20 at stock height. Wheels were 20x10 BMF S.O.T.A.'s (-19mm offset I think). They only rubbed the fender liner. I zip tied the liner back and that helped tremendously. They would only rub when the truck was flexing a certain way after that. 35's at stock height looks awesome by the way.

#10 ·
I don't know if you need an E load range tire but if you can settle for a D Load range and you want something similar to the BFG All terrains, check these out
GeneralGrabber AT 2

My co-worker has them on his 03 6.0. I have Firestone Destinations A/T's on my 2000 (both reg cab long box, his is 250, i'm 350) and the generals are night and day better. Considering getting them for my next tires.

#11 ·
IHPower~ That's a good looking tire. This is the worst part - deciding on the tire that is. I had a pair of BFG ATs last me 70K or more so I do like them, but think it would be cool to try something different. Those Grabbers look almost identical. When you say they are better, what do you mean? Less noise? less drifting? longer tread life?

I'm getting that you don't really like your Firestones, so I think I'll steer clear from those!

The two tires I'm really looking at right now are the BFG ATs and the Duratracs. Any input at all is very appreciated!

Thanks again.

#16 ·
The Firestones aren't brutal but I find the grabbers are better in wet/slippery conditions. I have 10 000 miles on my firestones, rotated a few times and they still look like new so they are obviously a harder compound hence the traction difference. The grabbers are a bit softer, its a trade off for performance vs. wear.

I install lots of BFG all terrains for customers at work. The biggest issue with them is the way the tread is shaped on the tire. If you put wider tires on a stock narrow rim, they kind of balloon out on the sidewall. Doing this makes the outer edges of the tread not sit square to the road and it eats the out edges off and cups the treads. If you put wide tires on a wider sized rim, you'll never have an issue.

#13 ·
I started off with BFG ATs and let’s just say I’ll never own another set. I constantly got flats and they wore terrible. I then decided on buying the General Grabbers and loved them! About 6 months later I ended up getting into a diesel and didn’t think the Grabbers would hold up the added weight and torque. Long story short I was in the same boat as you and it sucked! The thought of dropping $1300-$1600 in tires that you’re not 100% confident in kind of makes you sick lol. But as I said earlier the Duratracs thus far are the perfect choice for my type of driving and I don’t have any complaints. Not to mention they look great!

#14 ·
I had 325/16 on my 02 with a 4 inch lift but the wheels were really offset and at half turn and a pretty good twist they would rub even with the 4 inch lift. You have to watch the wheel offset of backspace when you order the new wheels. The deep dish looked great but made them rub even with the lift (plus ate wheel bearings every 6 months due to moving the tire farther out of being center over the wheel bearing) and that was no offroading that year either. 325 metric equals 37 inch tires (non metric). 315 metric equals 35 inch non metric.

#15 ·
Ive been running bfg all terrain 35s for 2 years, never even rotated them and there still half tread. They wear on my 02 like iron and I travel the highways every day at 70 mph for 65 miles to and from work. I had pro comp extremes on it before these bfgs and they were terriable. Always rotating every 10k miles and burned right down. I swear by Bfg all terrains for the street (they do good offroad to but pack up in deep mud) and just bought 4 more as I run 16.5 rims and the tires are getting scarce to find anymore. Now ill have tires for the next 4-5 years.

#17 ·
Good point there IHPowerstroke7.3 I run a 10 inch wide wheel so thats prob why I never get any cupping or edge wear. When I mounted these 35s bfg that are 12.50 wide you could run a straight edge across the tread and it was damn there perfectly flat but with the pro comps that were id believe 13 or 13.50 wide the edges of them tires didnt touch the straightedge with the same tire pressure and rims. Good point there to take into consideration when buying rims and tires. I always run 45lbs in the fronts and 40 in the rear and if I run anything different they will cup on the inside and the outside with these bfgs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.